X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
    My brother just sent me this:

Bid for the chance to own a M3-Style 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,079.

An E30M3 Cabrio tribute with a stock M20 drivetrain.
    The car itself looks very nicely done.
    Thats a really beautiful blank canvas of enjoyment for a fraction of the cost of a real one.

There has been real money spent on that car, I bet that goes RNM.
    Do you think that is Joeys M3 convertible? I think I remember that it was white and he sold the project off back in....2015?
    Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

It sold previously on BAT, and the guy who bought it is on S14.net (at least the FB version), and was acting like he did the majority of the work, but I’m not sure what exactly he changed or than maintenance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

The guys with the m3 tribute vert is on this site as well. Shortly after he brought the car he started a thread about adding more power.

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
          The peanut gallery is just that, a bunch of kids with no money or intent to buy. I hate FB so much...

I, for one, would never, ever turn away a full asking price offer - furthermore, I definitely wouldn't turn the offer away, only just to raise the price, a whole $500, on said individual..............what a headache over pocket change....... his loss!
          $7,200...man that's gotta hurt. It would be criminal but you could part that car out for so much more than that. Just the aftermarket goodies...
          MHW=$800
          Z1 wheel =$700
          E30 specific Dinan strut brace...never seen one for sale
          Smoked smiley =$700
          IE big brake kit =$700
          MTECH 2 Kit and bumpers= $2,500
          S52 Engine...you get the point.
          BAT not the place to sell a car like this...too bad he listens to the Facebook knuckleheads.

Comment

What was it listed for on FB ?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              What was it listed for on FB ?
              $10,500... I made a full price offer including 3% PayPal fees. It was an impulse buy for my wife. I sat with her in bed watching the auction and wondering if I should buy it for $7500 and we decided against it.

Comment

When he was trying to get me to enter into a bidding war with a local person who was expressing interest he told me that based on Facebook comments people thought the car was worth $4000 more than the asking price. I told him there was no way I was going to get into a building war and I re-offered my full price. He asked for an additional $500 a while later after the local person came by and told him they couldn’t buy the car right now.... I never responded....at that point I was relieved he had reopened negotiations and I could back out with a clear conscience. I had become ambivalent about the car after my offer and was happy to let it go.

Comment

Aaaaaand that's what happens when you get greedy and listen to people who shouldn't have any say in that deal.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

interesting nevertheless. was about to possibly buy the car last fall when the seller had posted wheels for sale and stated he was selling his car and what not. When I remembered he had a hardtop for it and wanted $10,500 in the fall. But yeah that hurts to listen to people and thinking you could get top dollar and lose your chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                      $10,500...
                      Send this to that jerk:

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Told ya - $6-8k left on the table. And a solid offer rejected before it went on BaT. Wow.
                        Painful lesson for the seller
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Hopefully the seller follows through with the sale, despite the bad taste in his mouth.

Comment

Oh man, is no one going to throw shade after the end of the auction? Like “damn bro, shouldn’t have listened to those FB posters, cost you 3 grand..”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

No reserve??
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                                No reserve??
                                there was a reserve

1990 M3
                                Bid for the chance to own a Modified 1990 BMW M3 2.5L at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,140.
                                Attached Files
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X