A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      I hope yall will forgive me.

I bought a 2019 Ranger
      aw man I liked your yota

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
      Here's something a little different. My 75 Hilux with 18RG Swap

^ thats sick. Hopefully I'll see it around some day!
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I hope yall will forgive me.

I bought a 2019 Ranger
        Oooooh. Now following you on instaglam.

Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post
        Here's something a little different. My 75 Hilux with 18RG
        Baller.

---

I haven't parked my LX and taken any cool pictures of it in some time. I did remove the RTT and rack though. Just didn't use them enough, and honestly sleeping in the back since I removed all of the seats is fine. It took forever to sell them though.

I also accidentally left hardware on the tent. I sold the hardware separately later and didn't realize parts were missing. I felt like an idiot, tried for 2 weeks to get the stuff back, but yeah, that didn't happen. The guy I sold the tent to sold the tent... I apparently only deserved a one line reply saying the guy he sold the tent to didn't get back to him. I FB messaged/texted him a few too many times apparently, as he ended up blocking me. All I wanted was the contact info for the guy who now had the tent. Not too much to ask for when the guy made payments to me, had life happen, never responded, and didn't pick up the tent for a few months... some people smh.

Refunded the cop I sold the hardware to, and made a friend in the process though.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I just wanted something with AC, HP, MPG, Carplay......

Was turned off from Turd gen cause all the nice colors were a price premium and many of the 2019's were still the early ones without carplay.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

I just wanted something with AC, HP, MPG, Carplay......

Was turned off from Turd gen cause all the nice colors were a price premium and many of the 2019's were still the early ones without carplay.
            TBH, I kinda want another Fiesta ST (which was that same blue you have on the Ranger) which was killed that's why I have the Luxobarge now. Ford did awesome things just a few years ago with Performance things, now they've killed off the fun hatches they once sold. The new Ranger and soon Bronco are exciting stuff, I just want them to continue to sell fun hatchbacks. But then again I'm a used vehicle buyer, probably always will be. Although if I cross shopped the Tacoma and the Ranger... I may make the same decision you came to. If Toyota doesn't make the Tacoma more efficient and quickly, they are going to lose sales to the Ranger more I feel.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
              TBH, I kinda want another Fiesta ST (which was that same blue you have on the Ranger) which was killed that's why I have the Luxobarge now. Ford did awesome things just a few years ago with Performance things, now they've killed off the fun hatches they once sold. The new Ranger and soon Bronco are exciting stuff, I just want them to continue to sell fun hatchbacks. But then again I'm a used vehicle buyer, probably always will be. Although if I cross shopped the Tacoma and the Ranger... I may make the same decision you came to. If Toyota doesn't make the Tacoma more efficient and quickly, they are going to lose sales to the Ranger more I feel.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?
              35,500 Before Tax and Rebates.

2019 XLT FX4
              302A (Sync 3 and leather shit, power mirrors)
              Trailer Tow Package (4 and 7 pin trailer connector and hitch)
              Magnetic 17" Wheels

Honestly Very happy with the price considering 35.5k on a Tacoma was going to get me a no options SR5 or Ugly Color TRD Offroad.

There is a lot of value in the rangers if you can get a good deal, thats for sure, and I really like the drivetrain, even though its a little 4cyl it feels beefy and takes off way quicker than I would have expected.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

35,500 Before Tax and Rebates.

2019 XLT FX4
                302A (Sync 3 and leather shit, power mirrors)
                Trailer Tow Package (4 and 7 pin trailer connector and hitch)
                Magnetic 17" Wheels

Honestly Very happy with the price considering 35.5k on a Tacoma was going to get me a no options SR5 or Ugly Color TRD Offroad.

There is a lot of value in the rangers if you can get a good deal, thats for sure, and I really like the drivetrain, even though its a little 4cyl it feels beefy and takes off way quicker than I would have expected.
                Not bad, for a new vehicle that sounds pretty awesome. I'll keep an eye on them as they hit the used market now...

Comment

Nice man, I liked the idea of the Ranger but it was still a few months out when I bought my 3rd Gen. Would've been much more interested if it came in manual but that was a deal breaker.

Comment

Glad the Ranger wasn't out when I bought my Taco, probably would've made the buying decision much harder. Ultimately I'm happy with mine for emotional reasons, always wanted one. Have to say though the Ranger is a stellar truck on paper, hope to get a chance to drive one.

Finally done making EMT payments for my parts order coming in, that's about all I seem to be doing these days. Next up is CBI rear bumper, c4 fab front, Baja Designs 30" lightbar, few more electrical upgrades as well as a Dometic fridge. I will now weigh as much as a full sized, and pretty sure I'm supposed to have a truck page on instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      pretty sure I'm supposed to have a truck page on instagram.
                      Well yeah, it's the new van lifer thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                        Well yeah, it's the new van lifer thing to do.
                        #overland#leavenotrace#livefreebutwheresthewifi

I don't think our group had a single interaction in Utah without the other drivers asking us if we had made our way to overland expo.

Comment

I did go to the expo twice. First time was cool, was there attached to a business kinda. Second time the traffic to get in started me feeling like it was too much, I had paid to park/camp on site all weekend, after doing a few laps checking out stuff, we left and found a camping spot in the woods far away with nobody around. I think if I go again, it'll just be a day pass and I'll park outside, walk in and leave. There would need to be a good reason though, like I wanted to buy something discounted, was a volunteer, or was selling product.

I like the mission statement of it all, but yeah it's so commercialized and I wonder how much damage is being done by careless people who think just because a vehicle can go somewhere, should it? It's like half the camping sites I have been to, I end up taking back trash that was there when I got there.

Comment

Might as well join in on the conversation since I never post anywhere else on here anymore. Recent camping trip with Lambo (Phil).

IMG_8129 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr

IMG_8157 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr

IMG_8169 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr

Proof Phil was there...

IMG_8147 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr
                            I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

yeee

DSC00156 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00154 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

What wheels are on that FJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X