X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30

Great work.....the car is Sweet......look forward to seeing more pictures

Comment

The steering wheel arrived today, just waiting on the momo hub and it'll make a huge difference.

Did a ton of work today on it:
      - Aligned the rear swing arms, now that things have settled in
      - Torqued up the tie rods
      - Fixed the fan resistor, so I now have heat
      - Took apart the MAF, all the way this time (opened up the board) and cleaned all of the contacts
      - Set the preload on the rear shocks and got the hardness settings in a semi-hard setup that works for me
      - The rear subframe retaining nuts (the 22mm nuts on the pins that drop through the floor) were very loose, so I tightened them up
      - Bled the coolant system at the head
      - Got the power aerial working which is a first for any e30 I've owned, they've always been FUBAR
      - Fitted the new clips and put the iS lip on properly, which improves the looks greatly
      - Best of all, I found that I was only getting about 80% wide open throttle as the cables needed adjusting. This should make a big difference

Yup, she's got a good and a bad side

Comment

Has anyone had any updates on the Garagistic F&R ARB pre-order?

I just realized that I had ordered mine back on Nov 27th and haven’t seen any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
          Has anyone had any updates on the Garagistic F&R ARB pre-order?

I just realized that I had ordered mine back on Nov 27th and haven’t seen any updates.

Garagistic got back to me yesterday, so my order from Nov 27th should ship out on Monday.
          I suspect it was just the Black Friday mayhem that overwhelmed their order system and mine fell off the pile.

Going to install new inner tie rod boots this weekend and get my suspension dialed in.

Man, am I ever unhappy with my renown wheel. That thing flexes quite a bit, even with my hands just gripping the 10 & 2 positions. If it weren't a Christmas gift I'd send it back.

In other news, I'm hunting for an LS & T56 for this thing, as after driving a Stage III s4 for the last 2 years, an m20 just doesn't cut it lol

Comment

Picked up some recaros this morning, after a lot of driving.

In case anyone thinks I'm being JDM tacky, this is as close as I'll ever get to the feel of the Holy Grail - the e30 M3 Sport Evolution

Managed to make it home from Virginia with enough time to install the Garagistic rear sway bar.

The install ran into darkness, so I'll post photos tomorrow as I install the front bar.
            Brackets for the seats should be here on the 5th or so.

Comment

I've made a thread in the tech section regarding some steering issues I've been having.

If you have time, try and help a brother out - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...07#post4866707

Comment

Teaser of some things to come this weekend:

Comment

Comment

where did you find that in such nice condition? is it taurusrot or cardinalrot?

Comment

The best part was that it only cost $75.

Once I swap out the carpet the interior will almost be complete.
                      I'm flip flopping on engine swaps... I'm finding myself being drawn towards an F20c swap, which should in some ways bring back the feeling of my old m3..

Comment

Went and test drove a big turbo 1jz donor car yesterday.
                        Could be the greatest and worst automotive decision I’ve made in a long time.

99% sure I’ll be going 1JZ here pretty soon.

Also wet sanded the car back and polished it, since my respray budget is likely gone.

Last edited by e30mclow; 02-25-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

The ole girl is about to have a change of heart.
                          1JZ swap coming up!

Comment

Signed up for my first ever Auto-X event today, which occurs on March 18th.
                            Really looking forward to it as it'll help me dial in all of the geometry.

The biggest risk is St. Patrick's Day on the 17th. I intend to exercise my right to alcohol like the fresh off the boat Irishman I am. This may directly affect lap times/the g-force capabilities of my body.

Really stumbling on what to do with my brakes once the 1J is in.
                            To be honest, I'm freaked out by booster-less setups, but have never driven a booster delete car.

How do you booster-less guy find driving on the street with unassisted brakes?

Comment

Picked up my donor car and got soaked in the process.

After some super sketchy loading/unloading antics, it is now sitting pretty in my driveway.

Got it running last night, so I should be ready to start tracing wires and getting the motor ready to be pulled in the coming weeks.

Comment

1-love that wheel
                                2-this is gonna be rad

What are your power goals? Any ideas on what kind of turbo you'll be running?
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X