Anyone know what these are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My company is demoing a robotics facility, and these two devices are in the old machine shop building. I think it has something to do with hydraulic fluid filling or something. Just curious what it actually is, and if it's worth anything, otherwise it's getting junked
    Attached Files
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Super hard to tell, which means it's probably something custom built for a job they ran there, which essentially means, it's worthless as a whole, but I see a fat servo motor there. Those can be worth some cash depending on the brand and if the driver is there with it.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

^
      Yep, but there are probably a few grand in components there, at least in used value to someone.

Comment

Looks like hydraulic test stand....to test hoses, valves, pumps or provide precise flow for testing etc. What was the business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          Looks like hydraulic test stand....to test hoses, valves, pumps or provide precise flow for testing etc. What was the business?

Robotics - automated material handling, I think it's an old Vecna lab.
          1991 318is ---230K - DD

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Super hard to tell, which means it's probably something custom built for a job they ran there, which essentially means, it's worthless as a whole, but I see a fat servo motor there. Those can be worth some cash depending on the brand and if the driver is there with it.
            which piece is the servo, I can go take a look at the model if I know where to look
            1991 318is ---230K - DD

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
              which piece is the servo, I can go take a look at the model if I know where to look

Servo is the black box with 2 connectors and yellow triangle sticker, last picture, bottom of the pic. It’s definitely testing or some sort of educational stand where you can assemble different configuration

Comment

Looks like a test or calibration stand for instruments, valves, servos or some other expensive item.

Or, this is really your bedroom and your lady is into some kinky shit.
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  parker mpp1554 is what I found on it
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD

Comment

Can anyone "appraise" this set-up? These were what I was able to salvage from that whole rig in the OP. Where would someone go to to sell this kind of equipment? Is eBay my best bet? Anyone know any specific forums related to this stuff that might be better than eBay?
                    Attached Files
                    1991 318is ---230K - DD

Comment

Okay, so referencing the first pic here, you want to detach that orange coupling from the servo shaft.

Then, you're going to want to get those two cables with the connectors, trace those back and grab the servo drive they're attached to, or should be attached to.

You need to sell the servo, the two cables and the drive as one kit.

As for the price, idk, you'll have to look online.
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                      X