No announcement yet.

Freaking dealers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really sucks that you guys have all these bad experiences, funny how most of you only have bad stories to tell, the good ones never really make it to be commented on and shared. Trust though, that there are a few technicians out there in dealers (myself included) who really do give a shit and really care about fixing right and doing the best job possible. After all, I want you to keep coming back, I need funds for my E30, and I also take a lot of pride in my work. I got into BMW because I love the brand and I wanted to be a part of it's future, a lot of technicians just get in it for the money. I've done work for free at my dealer because other technicians f**** up and we can't charge the customer for a technicians mistake, I don't complain about it, it needs to get done. I've put gas in customers cars out of my own pocket because the technician who worked on it forgot to mention to the advisor the car was out of gas. An old lady came in to get her E30 radio unlocked, the technician who had it before me tried getting 2 hours labor because the screws were stripped ($165x2). My shop foreman decided to give me the car instead, since the lady just bought a new exhaust system from us, us an alternator and a/c compressor I thought the least I could do was get the code for her so I took the radio out (for free) and unlocked it, turned out the radio was bad. I took my E30 radio and put it in her car (again for free). We're not all assholes, we're just unappreciated by our managers (I've never received a single thank you) and eventually it breaks our pride but, for as long as I'm a technician at a BMW dealer (or anywhere else for that matter) I will always give my best effort. There's nothing more satisfying than when a customer gets there receipt, learns the technicians name and always asks for the same technician to work on there car because of that good experience they had with your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo0208 View Post
      It really sucks that you guys have all these bad experiences, funny how most of you only have bad stories to tell, the good ones never really make it to be commented on and shared. Trust though, that there are a few technicians out there in dealers (myself included) who really do give a shit and really care about fixing right and doing the best job possible. After all, I want you to keep coming back, I need funds for my E30, and I also take a lot of pride in my work. I got into BMW because I love the brand and I wanted to be a part of it's future, a lot of technicians just get in it for the money. I've done work for free at my dealer because other technicians f**** up and we can't charge the customer for a technicians mistake, I don't complain about it, it needs to get done. I've put gas in customers cars out of my own pocket because the technician who worked on it forgot to mention to the advisor the car was out of gas. An old lady came in to get her E30 radio unlocked, the technician who had it before me tried getting 2 hours labor because the screws were stripped ($165x2). My shop foreman decided to give me the car instead, since the lady just bought a new exhaust system from us, us an alternator and a/c compressor I thought the least I could do was get the code for her so I took the radio out (for free) and unlocked it, turned out the radio was bad. I took my E30 radio and put it in her car (again for free). We're not all assholes, we're just unappreciated by our managers (I've never received a single thank you) and eventually it breaks our pride but, for as long as I'm a technician at a BMW dealer (or anywhere else for that matter) I will always give my best effort. There's nothing more satisfying than when a customer gets there receipt, learns the technicians name and always asks for the same technician to work on there car because of that good experience they had with your work.

You are a rare breed in this modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        My local dealer is great to me. They advise when a service is coming up and then let it go if I decline . Not pushy in the least. In fact I am the one more often than not asking if I should do this or that,,,, example... is fluid change/ flush on my e90 auto Trans. The parts guy is great to( I think he owns a e30). About 3yrs ago I was doing a bunch of work on my e30 and e34 touring at the same time, I showed him my bmwcca card and he gives me Hella good prices on the few parts I buy from them. The oil they sell is cheaper than buying it from a anywhere else for the price I get,. I've been very happy with Germain bmw. However, their used car prices are insanely high.
        That was probably me if it was 3 years ago. lol maybe, maybe not. I worked there for a while until the parts manager seemed to think I was a little too enthusiastic on helping people out with the car brand I love.
        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by umar78
          Character and integrity is a thing of the past in this cesspool world.
          Says the bot from india after our credit card information:giggle:

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo0208 View Post
            You're awesome.

I was comsidering starting a troll post with 'wul when i bring my
            e30 to the dealer for an oil
            change...' but then I read this and it changed everything. All sarcasm aside, you're a standup tech, and God bless you for going above and beyond decent.

--Mike
            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Gordo,

I've worked with literally hundreds of bmw dealers and independents over the last couple years. Your mindset is not unusual but it is noticed. Unfortunately as you mentioned it's only a matter of time until it's beat out of you in some way.

Have you thought of starting your own independent? Seriously it would be nice to see your great attitude working for your own benefit rather than that of the dealer. I can point you to a number of great shops around the country that started in similar ways.
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

My sis took her e90 to a reputable german shop for a cabin air filter, and texts me that they say she needs a AC recharge, and in order to replace pad sensors they need to install new pads and rotors. Well that got out of hand quickly. I really don't trust shops or dealerships.

Comment

the only new car i have ever purchased was my wife's 2013 honda pilot. we have had some problems with service as well. the engine started making detonation sounds under mild acceleration at around 6000 miles. we kept bitching about it every time it was in for an oil change. those assfucks kept saying the vehicle is normal. there is nothing they can do. it kept getting louder and louder to the point where when we had someone in the vehicle with us, they might ask about it. around 27,000 miles, i got fed up and called honda north america. they scheduled some regional rep to come out to the dealership and take a look. they kept the car for 3 days but provided us with a rental. it was returned finally and not making the noise. about 8000 miles later, we are starting to hear the noise again. i am getting ready to give them a load of ape shit about it. good thing we bought the 100,000 mile warranty.

the thing that pissed me off about it the most was the attitude that i am apparently too stupid to know what a normal engine sounds like.

gordo,

you sound like you are a man of awesome character. if i had a job available for you, i would hire a guy like you on the spot and pay you extra to keep you happy and willing to take care of customers.

this is pretty much my attitude at work. i don't have a lot of customer interaction like a flight attendant or a gate agent, but any time i have an opportunity to make someone's experience with my airline better, i most certainly go out of my way to do so. a month or so ago, i was passing through denver. the airplane inbound was already late for some unknown reason. all of the passengers had deplaned except for one lady needing a wheelchair. of course there was no skycap around with the chair or to push the passenger to the next gate. the flight attendent was waiting in the cabin with the passenger and both pilots that brought the airplane inbound were just standing around in the jetway with their thumbs up thier asses. i set my bags off to the side, walked onto the airplane and asked the lady if it would be possible to walk to the top of the jetway if i offerd my arm and we walked slowly? she said that would be no problem. it took a couple minutes but i was able to get her up out of her chair and into a chair in the lobby to wait for someone to send her along to the next gate. i was walking back down the jet way to get my stuff stowed in the plane and the other captain made some shitty ass under his breath comment about how i shouldn't to that because then the airline will never fix the problems it has. i just looked him square in the eye and said, i guess thats your choice man. that attitude won't get this woman on the next plane will it? i love my job and your negative attitude isn't going to spoil my good engergy.
                  Last edited by flyboyx; 10-07-2014, 06:01 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                  X