I made a brilliant decision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sand then polish.

Got my stromung catback from the group buy and got it mounted. I like how it sounds. Might cut the cat out and put a resonator in.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Haven't done anything with the car after I got the strömung on. However over the past week. I finally went to town on it. I started off doing a timing system refresh and it snow balled into a timing system, cooling system refresh along with cleaning up the mess under the m42 intake with the addition of a SSSquid tuning chip and 4 pintle 19# injectors. I also installed a z3 short shifter. The is amazing now and feels completely different.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Beautiful work on the paint. I like the direction you're going with this car. As much fun as big projects are, there's nothing like just maintaining and enjoying a car. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
          Beautiful work on the paint. I like the direction you're going with this car. As much fun as big projects are, there's nothing like just maintaining and enjoying a car. Keep up the good work!

Yep I have 2 big projects on my plate right now. This one is a perfect example for just fixing up but not having to go full project on it. Just little things here and there. I really only plan to do 4 more things with this car and thats a Small case 4:10 lsd, analog euro clock, replace comfort seats with some sport seats and maybe redo them in uberkaro and a quick scuff and spray to have a nice fresh coat of brilliantrot. Its to the point paint wise that once it starts to go pink again it will be really tough to bring It back and not wear through.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Looks great now. Just needs a lip. Is it on stock suspension?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Looks great now. Just needs a lip. Is it on stock suspension?

Thanks. I should add a lip to the list too so 5 things. Its on billy sports and h&r super sport springs. Im happy with the way it sit for daily driving duties in this city.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                I should add a lip to the list too so 5 things. Its on billy sports and h&r super sport springs. Im happy with the way it sit for daily driving duties in this city.
                Yea it doesnt sit bad at all, I wouldve been shocked if that was still the original setup. I was enjoying the "cadillac" ride in mine with the stock suspension and auto trans, but with the J-Stock setup in mine, it sits beautifully and is quite tight. A little too firm for most of LAs roads, but I can live with it because I like it tight ;)

Cant wait to 5speed swap it. A 4-door E30 really is a great daily. Makes me wonder how much better the Tourings are.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Yea it doesnt sit bad at all, I wouldve been shocked if that was still the original setup. I was enjoying the "cadillac" ride in mine with the stock suspension and auto trans, but with the J-Stock setup in mine, it sits beautifully and is quite tight. A little too firm for most of LAs roads, but I can live with it because I like it tight ;)

Cant wait to 5speed swap it. A 4-door E30 really is a great daily. Makes me wonder how much better the Tourings are.

Man if i was you id seriously consider keeping the auto since its a daily. LA traffic is 10x this city and i hate having a manual when i get caught up in bumper to bumper traffic. I too have wonder how amazing a touring would be for daily driving.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Man if i was you id seriously consider keeping the auto since its a daily. LA traffic is 10x this city and i hate having a manual when i get caught up in bumper to bumper traffic. I too have wonder how amazing a touring would be for daily driving.
                    My daily commute has almost no traffic. Im spoiled. If I get stuck in LA traffic on weekends and whatnot, I will deal with it. I need the manual
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

My daily commute has almost no traffic. Im spoiled. If I get stuck in LA traffic on weekends and whatnot, I will deal with it. I need the manual

You are spoiled. The only time i have to deal with traffic is from 5-6 at night on the interstate or the main street in town. We only have like 6 main streets that get really busy haha. I can 100% agree with you on needing a manual though it just makes the car feel happier.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

cross posting this from the m42 section in case anyone has experienced this before

So I did a bunch of work to my car I did the cooling system, mess under intake, timing system and added an SSSquid chip with some 4 pintle 19#injectors. Every thing was great car ran like a raped ape for 200+ miles my only issue was my lower timing cover gasket did seal for some reason so I had to replace it. After replacing the gasket I got it all back together and fired it up and it was absolutely horrible, The brake fluid, ABS and battery light all come on and stay on until I touch the throttle then they shut off regardless of throttle input it all idled like crap very low like 300 rpm. I checked the alt and the voltage regulator was weak so i put a new one in and still have the same issues. Then one day I was sitting in the car and held the rpm's to around 2500 and could smell something hot. I got out and my headers were cherry red and the car wasn't even at OP temp yet. I thought maybe my cat was plugged because after it did that i rolled down my drive way and tried to drive up it and the car wanted to go no where at all. I gutted out my cat because I don't have emissions here and that was simplest solution and still at my headers get red hot really fast and I have zero power. I checked my plugs and they are showing a lean mixture. I unplugged my cam sensor to make it run rich and this time my headers took a little longer to get hot but they still did. I ohm'd my crank sensor and my reading was .561 ohms and yet the car can still start? I really have no clue what is going on with this thing. Could my crank sensor be causing my ignition timing to be off causing the really lean mixture? There is no way my mechanical timing is off as I used proper tools the first time and got 200 amazing miles out of it before simply unplugging my cam and crank sensors and replacing the gaskets. I'm really scratching my head with this one. If you go off the theory of it has to be something i touched when doing gaskets then the cam and crank sensor are the only two things i touched that could cause this and my sensor is out of spec but I have never heard of a sensor doing this before and dont wanna shot gun the car with more parts i already put a ton of cash in it.

i should also add that a couple of times upon dropping the e brake my lights on the dash turned off I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                        X