Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post

The reason I'm testing is because my radiator started leaking at the end tanks AGAIN. So either I am just that unlucky or there is excessive pressure in the coolant system somehow. I will also test my expansion tank cap. It's never released pressure and the 30 psi rating doesn't seem like enough to bust a radiator. Also, the engine has never gone over ~210* let alone overheated.
    Get an OEM MZ3 radiator. I dont trust those chinese radiators because these stories seem to be fairly regular
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Get an OEM MZ3 radiator. I dont trust those chinese radiators because these stories seem to be fairly regular
      The mishimoto rad has a lifetime warranty. I'll warranty replace it. If it happens again I'll go for the refund and perhaps look at higher quality US made options.
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

The mishimoto rad has a lifetime warranty. I'll warranty replace it. If it happens again I'll go for the refund and perhaps look at higher quality US made options.
        So does FCPS Euro, go Z3 ///M
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          So does FCPS Euro, go Z3 ///M
          I get it. The z3m is of higher quality. I have one in my garage going into my e36 resto project. I want more cooling capacity in the e30 for track days etc. and I've already made parts in the engine bay to fit the mishimoto rad and don't feel like modifying them or making them new again right now.
          Shadetree30

Comment

The warranty claim was approved. New mishimoto replacement radiator is shippign today. I also tested my coolant reservoir cap which is the last piece of the cooling system I haven't tested yet. It released pressure perfectly at its 30 psi limit. At this point I have zero reason to believe there is even a minute HG leak into the cooling system. Every diagnostic test has come up with excellent results.

In other news, I'll be getting a set of 225/45r16 r888s today to mount on the 16x9 rotas.
            Shadetree30

Comment

Long time no update. I've been busy. Started a new job with West Coast Customs and rented a house nearby with a 2 car garage :D Finally will have a proper roof, concrete slab, electricity, and driveway! And shitloads of space!! Feels like christmas x10. Its also extra deep and has a bathroom :p

Found my old nitro RC cars in some boxes that have been in storage for years. This was a fun surprise!

Went for a drive up in Angeles crest a few weeks ago. The weather was spectacular and we had a good turnout.

Jay Leno was at newcombs driving this crazy awesome vehicle

Got a photo with him

Got the 225/45 r888rs mounted. The profile is much more friendly to the flares and wheels I have

Test fit rear. Flare will easily cover it.

Front ought to clear the flare as well.

Last weekend I got out with a friend to Supercar Sunday and some canyon driving. The car feels great aside from the leaky radiator (replacement is in the garage waiting). I realized I haven't been hearing any ticking like I was before with the rotella t6 5w40 (I'm running liqui moly 10w60 now).

My friend's gti is also 24v swapped from an r32. Additionally, its got an awd conversion done with some euro parts not available in the US. There will be some fun autox and track days coming up. 24v vs 24v, BMW vs VW, RWD vs AWD, hatchback vs coupe. The r32 motor makes about the same power as the s52 and the car weighs about the same as well. We both are signed up for a track day at streets of willow in November.

We also got some videos of the cars ripping around up in the mountains. I'll upload and share soon.

So the next projects are to cut fenders and mount the flares, change the radiator, and change the PS reservoir. Later I will be fabbing a new exhaust system In the meantime I also have to move all my stuff from my old garage, but before I can do that I have to get my e36 vert back to driveable condition which includes repainting the bay, fixing the body harness, mounting new suspension, and resealing and refurbishing the motor. Lots of work.

Plans for the garage are shitloads of shelves, LED panel lighting (got 8 for free), proper workbench, welding table, 220 volt electricity, massive air compressor (roomate has a 100 gal 160 psi monster) and some other fun toys. I'll be busy but I'll be having fun!
              Shadetree30

Comment

what are you going to be doing for WCC?

Comment

Lifetime warranty or not, they managed to dick JGood around pretty hard, what did he get, 3 bunk rads before they started to refuse to warranty them?
                  It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've been running my ebay z3m for 3 years now I think, without issues.
                  If it leaks, it's pretty easy to find someone with an AC tig nowadays.

Edit:

I just realized how long it's been since I was in this thread. Those R888R's look awesome.

I've been waiting to kill off my rear 225/45's to buy new tires, but I really want to try to fit 245's this time...
                  I'm 16x9 ET15, do you think I could get away with it? I'd try to buy yours, but I bet shipping/duty would be like $400.
                  Last edited by Northern; 10-19-2017, 05:12 PM.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
                    what are you going to be doing for WCC?
                    Purchasing Manager

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    Lifetime warranty or not, they managed to dick JGood around pretty hard, what did he get, 3 bunk rads before they started to refuse to warranty them?

I've been running my ebay z3m for 3 years now I think, without issues.
                    If it leaks, it's pretty easy to find someone with an AC tig nowadays.
                    I hear ya and I reviewed his thread on that shit show. If it happens again I'll be going after a refund and buying something made in US. Or I'll find a "generic" FAR less expensive one and make it work.

Mine was leaking from where the fins meet the end tank, could that even be tigged?
                    Shadetree30

Comment

love your setup man, wheels and suspension.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

How are you finding the R88Rs? Probably going to get a set for the Skyline
                        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Is your wing and gurney flap one of the eBay fiberglass ones? I really want an E30 M3 style wing and gurney. It looks great on your car.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                            Is your wing and gurney flap one of the eBay fiberglass ones? I really want an E30 M3 style wing and gurney. It looks great on your car.
                            I believe his is Zender
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              love your setup man, wheels and suspension.
                              Thanks!
                              Originally posted by econti View Post
                              How are you finding the R88Rs? Probably going to get a set for the Skyline
                              I haven't driven on them yet. Need to install the flares first. But once I do I'll give a review.
                              Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              Originally posted by stonea View Post
                              I believe his is Zender
                              Zender is correct. Though I've seen the ebay one on a car or two and it looked good. At the price it's not much of a risk.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Later I will be fabbing a new exhaust system

You need this (bottom header, ignore the stupid red numbers and arrows):

It was on my car when I made this:

I'll make you a great deal on it. Some off the shelf stuff along with some custom made stuff!!

Comment

Working...
                                X