Most happy/miserable "types" of people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most happy/miserable "types" of people

In my own journey for greater happiness and general satisfaction with life, I've noticed a few things.

Happiest:
    Extreme sports dudes (especially Moto) - Nearly everyone I've met seems to have a really positive outlook on everything and are rarely in shitty moods. Usually have professions working with their hands, ie. construction, mechanics, etc.

Most miserable:
    IT dudes (especially sys admins) - Constant state of sand vaginitis.

So the question...is this due to their choice of profession and hobbies or are their profession and hobbies a result of their inherit personalities (extrovert/introvert)?

For the record, I'm in the IT project management industry. I've found myself getting easily irritated and overall shitty if I don't get out and do something somewhat active/fun in my off time.

Now of course these are generalizations, not every one fits into these boxes but for the most part it seems true.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Just trying to save this thread; have some good come of it.

Comment

The happiest people are those who take responsibility for everything that happens to them. The most miserable people are "victims" and "had no hand in their misfortune." At least this is what I have observed. I agree with extreme sports dudes seeming happy.

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
        Just trying to save this thread; have some good come of it.

Who is this? Looks like Gretchen from Donnie Darko, if it is there is some serios hivemind going on here..

Comment

Whoops double post

Comment

The happiest people are those who grew up in an environment that made them feel loved and emphasized social interaction.

Unhappy people are loners who struggle connecting with other people, and retreat into materialism.

/thread
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
              Who is this? Looks like Gretchen from Donnie Darko, if it is there is some serios hivemind going on here..

LOL

I don't know about that construction part op. I did that for a year and I've got to say, I've never drunk more in my life.

Comment

lol yeah most "functioning" alcoholics are in the trades
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

It starts with you. Just walk out your door and be good to people, usually you will get the same back. If not, then you just stay away from those people.
                  I's easy really.
                  88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                  89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                  56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                  www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    lol yeah most "functioning" alcoholics are in the trades
                    Sleeve, you forgot about us sales guys.
                    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                      Happiest: Extreme sports dudes (especially Moto)
                      The correlation between motorcycles and happiness is well known.

Comment

If in a given day you meet one or two guys who are assholes, then they might actually be assholes. If in a given day you meet a bunch of assholes (like regularly), maybe you are the real asshole.

Someone said this but I know know the source. Don't question this post too much. It's 2:30am and I should be sleeping.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

wtf is this nonsense drivel?
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

i generally agree with op's observation. my brother is a sys admin. he makes decent money but generally he is a total downer. not to say he's an asshole, because he isn't but he never smiles or laughs at anything. nothing is funny to him. its like being in the movie office space when i hang out with him. he has lots of great friends, but most of them are techies of some sort and pretty much downers just like him.

now....with that said, i absolutely love my job. i can't imagine doing anything that would make me feel more self actualized. as good as i think i have life, i can't tell you how many people i fly with who are bitter and pissed off. i always think to myself, why don't you try doing a real job for a year or two and come back to this one. i bet their attitudes would be 180 degrees.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I would say every single one of the IT people I know are happy.. and their toys show it! haha

I think it all is in their mindset. I wouldn't say my job is the absolute funnest job out there (loan officer, although I do have lots of fun doing it), but I make it fun, since joining this career I have not woken up once dreading going to work. I choose not too, it only makes the day worse, which hurts production, which hurts my paycheck.

But I do think that most sports players in general are pretty happy people, you get paid a shit ton of money to play a game. how could you not be happy doing that?!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X