No announcement yet.

Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car is in great condition. The only drawback is it is a bronzit, 4-door, and eta. Least desirable e30 out there IMO, except for automatics. But you won't find another one anywhere near that condition for 3k. If you don't mind the color and the bumpers I'd pay $3k for that all day. Especially one owner.

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
      Oh yeah I dont remember what wheels they were but I remember sitting on the wrong side of walgreens for 20 minutes before we realized we were both there waiting lol
      Walgreens, where you can buy BMW parts in the parking lot and a free reacharound with every purchase? Did you give him free ice cream too?
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        Walgreens, where you can buy BMW parts in the parking lot and a free reacharound with every purchase? Did you give him free ice cream too?
        I made the offer but it was refused. It may have been the wording
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I thought this exact thing, but its a 4 door bronzit eta so no worries :rofl:

OP, I think 3k is on the high end, start in the 2s and work your way up. Any money saved from the 3k asking price goes towards making it your own
          Funny thing is I'm actually looking for a stock 4 door eta for my gf! She fell in love with my car, but wants a 4 door and better mpg. Not too hot on the bronzit though....

From the cars I've seen in person via an ad, pics lie so it's hard to say if this car is worth $3k. A nice looking car in pics can look like a dog in person. Only way to get a good deal is to show up plop down some cash then & there if it's a good car.

Ryan

Comment

Ryan,

The car was really clean in person. I found a 325i white on red really clean with an auto locally for $3k. Crack free dash, all lights, gauges and such work. It's an auto which sucks but I only plan to cruise around town in it on weekends.

So...let the debate begin!

3k white auto and clean
            2.4k manual 4 door and big bumpers

Comment

No auto, ever. I'd take a bronzit beater with a stick before I took grandmas Sunday church car with a slushbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              both these cars are gone :(

Comment

The manual swap is pretty easy. Between a manual swap, and body work, I'm going to tackle the manual swap every time.

Bronzit 4-door looks very well maintained.

Comment

I would expect this reaction on an enthusiast forum. I really like white cars and this one is clean. But auto is less than ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by jimsill View Post
                    No auto, ever. I'd take a bronzit beater with a stick before I took grandmas Sunday church car with a slushbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    ...I would rather take the clean one and swap it.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I agree. I have never done the swap, though one is in my future. I prefer not to screw with bodywork. I am far better at mechanical crap, though Im no pro.

Comment

Why does everyone knock the Eta? I know its not the fastest out there, but it has plenty torque and I find it's a smooth engine.

I'd say $3K is on the high side. Your rejected offer - how much did you offer and did you mention the salvage title?

And because I have never quite gotten the joke... why do a lot of people make fun of bronzit?
                        Estoguy
                        1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I can pick up the eta for 2,400. I will play the title card to see if I can get down to 2,200.

Comment

Jason If you decide not to grab this will you tell the seller to contact me (steve)??? If you dont want it I think Ill snag it for my nephew

sales@blunttech.com
                            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                              Jason If you decide not to grab this will you tell the seller to contact me (steve)??? If you dont want it I think Ill snag it for my nephew

Will do. I am going to look at it tomorrow afternoon and will make a decision on the spot. If I pass I will have him reach out. He seems to prefer phone so I will pass on your business number if I don't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBrand View Post
                                Will do. I am going to look at it tomorrow afternoon and will make a decision on the spot. If I pass I will have him reach out. He seems to prefer phone so I will pass on your business number if I don't buy.
                                I actually spoke to him. My nephew sent me the ad this morning asking me about it. I called the dude to see if it was still avail. He spoke about you by name. I told him I knew you and if you passed on the car to please contact me. So he has my number but who knows how many guys he has asking about it. If you do pass on it just please tell him to call Steve . He seems like a real honest guy from what he told me about the car..If it wasnt you I would have tried to buy it today.

sales@blunttech.com
                                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X