Revised Revshift Flex Disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revised Revshift Flex Disks?

I know that the non-OEM flex disk made by Revshift received a lot of heat when it first came out. There must be hundreds of threads on that subject.

I took a look at their website yesterday because I'm about ready to grab their swap/tranny mounts and poly rear set and noticed that the carrier on their flex disks are now made of poly instead of aluminum.

Revised product means new feedback. Any new info/disccusion?

Revshift is a performance engineering and manufacturing company located in Metro Detroit, MI. Our parts are designed and manufactured under one roof. We design, engineer, and test the parts ourselves. Engine / motor mounts, bushings, suspension for BMW E28, E30, E34, E36, E46, E8X, E9X, F22, F32, F8X, Z3, Z4, N54.

It serves its purpose, but I wouldn't use one unless I had a serviceable driveshaft like the ones from turner, that transfer of load and vibration is hell on universal joints.
    Last edited by camshaftgsxr; 10-08-2014, 12:30 PM.
    BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

It would be interesting to see if this is better. The last one shook apart it was so stiff.

IMO stick to rubber Giubos. They are meant to flex, not to stay solid.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

We just updated the website with the new guibos yesterday. There are several of these on test cars with much better results than the aluminum version. I think there is only one write-up/review so far and it is for a Cadillac CTS-V which is putting down 430hp to the wheels. Here is the link to that: http://vseriesforums.com/forums/topi...stall-results/

Guibos are all about drivetrain alignment. The oem rubber guibo can cause vibration if the drivetrain alignment is off far enough. Our guibos are more rigid than the oem rubber part so care needs to be taken to make sure the drivetrain is in proper alignment. If the alignment is correct then everything will be smooth and problem free.

Comment

Working...
        X