Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Bought a B5S4 6mt today. My life is now complete. I have been wanting one since I could drive, and I found this one unmolested with a clean body, no rust, no accidents, 2 owner with dealership service records back to new. Also 123k on the clock and the timing belt/waterpump and clutch/flywheel were replaced at 90k.

Words can't describe how I'm feeling. Owning this car is literally a dream come true for me. Mods? Only thing this car will get is APR stage 1 and lots of maintenance and thorough cleanings. This one is here for the long haul.

Edit: lol at 2nd to last sentence there....

Will take some good photos tomorrow.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 02-06-2017, 10:23 PM.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

GOOOOOOOD LUCK WITH THAT.... MONEY PIT.

I've owned them.

congratulations though, its a good feeling.

Comment

Congrats
      1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
      2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
      2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

ITs TOMORROW NOW!!!

-Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Baby approved.

Went through these last night. Very thorough. The guy dropped a crazy amount of cash but at least the car was maintained. I won't be playing catch up on neglected repairs.

Just snapped all these this morning. I'll take the time for some nice photos here and there. Need to make myself a new wallpaper for the computer anyway.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Hot dayum! What'd you get rid of to grab this?
            Swanny!
            SUCKERS.

Comment

Nice, I miss my B5 S4! m3j0n nailed it though, they do like to eat your cash. I'd have another but to be honest silver would be my last choice. My previous one was an Imola sedan, and I'd love to find a Nogaro B5 wagon some day.

Pic;
              Originally posted by Dozyproductions
              You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

These are amazing cars to drive, very high quality feel to them, amazing once the boost kicks in.

Your smart to get one with a massive amount of service history, only way to go with these. Cause when its gonna need turbos , As Im sure you know your pulling the motor. Then Rear wheel Bearings, and then Your ABS module will die...and then every control arm will need replacing etc etc etc...

Ethier way good luck with it, I love driving them(Audi Mechanic here)but wouldnt own one if I had the money.
                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

A good friend had one of these in HS and I always liked how they looked. He promptly totaled it.

Don't think I'd ever own one, but it is a damn nice looking car.
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Swanny, didn't give anything up. It was just time to get myself something I have been wanting for a long time. The miata is for sale though!

As for the turbos, when they do go will be a hard decision to throw in k04's while I'm there. That said, they're nice and strong now so we'll see how long they last.
                    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 10-26-2014, 11:33 AM.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Beautiful, Love me some S4
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Congrats!! Looks like it was very well taken care of in the past by it's previous owners. I know you don't have to be told it, but i'd hold on to that one for a while. I have a feeling they're gonna be worth some $$ in the future.
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Ex-imola sedan and avant 6spd owner here.

Fun cars. I still miss my avant even if the engine was constantly leaking from some seal or another.

Enjoy it!

Comment

Cool engines for sure, if Im not mistaken those v6 have pretty much all forged internals, sound amazing and with new turbos and supporting mods can be brought up to 500-600 hp on the stock bottom end.

Comment

Congrats man! My brother has a nagaro B5 chipped on coilovers. They are a lot of fun. This is my brother and I at a track day at Portland Int. Raceway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dan and I Racing 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	7171844
                              sigpic
                              Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                              88 Alpine 325i
                              1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Working...
                              X