Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is my new favorite thread!
    Congrats on the new Buy, join audizine if you havent already.

here's mine (sold my e30 for the imola)

untitled-27.jpg by Nathan Tello, on Flickr

a4 was my first car still have it as well

Untitled by Nathan Tello, on Flickr
    1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
    2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
    <<Flickr>>

Comment

^ I was waiting for your reply.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice looking car. I to have always wanted a b5 s4. One day I'll
        Have one but I don't think it will be more then a daily.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

want those audi monoblocks

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            ^ I was waiting for your reply.
            haha saw b5s4 in the title had to click
            1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
            2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
            <<Flickr>>

Comment

Love it! I almost bought a red one with coils and the APR tune. Maintenance horror stories kept me away sadly.
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Awesome. I love love LOVE these cars. Great daily cruisers.

I'll own one before I die. Probably.

Comment

Send it to these guys in Atlanta : http://solomotorsports.net/

The owner has a 1000+HP B5 S4 , and has built several other 1000hp Audi's......

Comment

This car was meant to be. When we picked it up on Saturday night I tried to call our insurance company for my policy number to get 30 day plates. It wasn't our usual person on the phone but they told me my policy had expired and couldn't find a current policy under my name.

She told me she may not be able to see everything and not to worry.

So, to be safe, on Sunday I got a quote from GEICO for the same coverage we currently had without the Audi. We were paying $138 for the Saab and Miata. Through GEICO I was quoted $108 for the Saab and Audi, both full coverage, and the Miata on liability. Sweet.

Then today, I call my current old insurance company to ask what's going on (let them bury themselves), and they tell me that back in July my wife was told that our insurance would not renew on October 25th due to a technicality, which is not the case at all. Regardless, I explained that a final notification would have been nice to have, and to not worry about reinstating the policy.

Had I not bought the car, we would be driving around uninsured without even a courtesy call from our agent.

So glad nothing happened to either car driving the hour trip home from the dealer on Saturday. We would have been screwed. Thanks a lot Lindquist Enterprises in Maryland.

/Rant. Fuck
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

my old B5 (which I bought new) was the most unreliable car ever. lol....but I still loved it.

drove it to 190K before I sold it.

www.instagram.com/snwmble
                      #snwmble

Current:
                      '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                      '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                      '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                      '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                      '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                      '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                      '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                      '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I remember when I picked up one of these baby's in socal for my first ride, crashed it after 3 weeks ): wish I still had it

Comment

Eurodyne Stage 1 official. This car is a beast!

Getting up to 10 degrees of timing correction under part and WOT. Installed a set of bkr7e's for good measure even though it didn't result in a change.

Then I started logging my o2 voltages as well as knock sensor voltage. Knock sensor voltage only climbs to 15v which is well within the "safe zone". So upon closer inspection of the O2 voltages, bank 1 was seeing around 8.3-8.5 which is a rough 11.5-12:1 ratio. Bank 2 was only seeing around 7.5-7.9 which is scary lean.

Then I got a CEL, and bank 2 sensor 1 internal resistance too high. Sweet.

Replaced the sensor tonight, and of course my lap top battery was dead when I got out of work, so no logging for the drive home. It is definitely idling better, will see in the morning how my correction factors look.

ETA: This shit is what I was hoping to avoid. "Oh, I'll just go stage 1 and not have to worry about anything!"

No E30 Club
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I got a buddy here that has a 700hp b5 s4 that thing FAST

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

My old Imola, love hate relationship.
                              sigpic
                              1991 318is S52
                              1987 325i Vert
                              1991 325i
                              2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                I got a buddy here that has a 700hp b5 s4 that thing FAST

Yea the potential is definitely there. For now I'll just be putting away a car repair fund for turbos. When the time comes, I'm thinking a set of Frankens. People are putting down 400+ whp on them, and that seems to be a mild number for these cars.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X