Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiesta ST anybody

Anyone here have one?

Thinking about selling the Miata and Saab, then buying one new after the house nonsense is over.

Can get one fully loaded for around 23k. 200hp, 2700lb, 34mpg. Seems like it would be a great DD for my 46 mile commute.

Thoughts?
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Devo chime in. I test drove one two years ago. Car is a riot. Had so much fun driving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toyota Pickup

Comment

had one since may of 2014, and I'm 800 miles away from 60k. it does everything i want it to and more, highly recommend it.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

I don't have any personally experience with them, but I've always loved them.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Yeah talk to Devo about it, his got mashed up and totaled so he replaced with with a 100 series LX470 lol...

Personally for a DD comuter car I would not want to have a car payment, I would want a something decent that you can pick up for 5-6k gets 30+mpg and be able to drive it into the ground for 3-5 years. If it gets wrecked (deer strike, texting teen,in attentive tourist etc...) who cares about the hardware, just get another decent beater
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by alB5 View Post
            had one since may of 2014, and I'm 800 miles away from 60k. it does everything i want it to and more, highly recommend it.
            Good to hear, do you have the Recaros in there? Curious how they are after an hour drive.
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Yeah talk to Devo about it, his got mashed up and totaled so he replaced with with a 100 series LX470 lol...

Personally for a DD comuter car I would not want to have a car payment, I would want a something decent that you can pick up for 5-6k gets 30+mpg and be able to drive it into the ground for 3-5 years. If it gets wrecked (deer strike, texting teen,in attentive tourist etc...) who cares about the hardware, just get another decent beater
              Yea that's what I've been doing. Thing is I just don't have the time to be constantly doing minor repairs here and there.

Warranty is appealing to me, and a lot of dealerships are offering free oil changes/tire rotations for life with a new car these days.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Also worth noting, I'll be putting about 50% down and plan to pay it off within a year or two, assuming all goes well at least.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Are you sure you don't want something economical and awd? Like a lesbaru perhaps?
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that AWD and MPG don't go together well.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

I get the the warranty aspect of the equation and jut tired of always fixing something, on your DD. Been there for sure, have owned several units with a factory warranty, its nice to a point, but just not worth the price of admission for me right now, no monthly payments other than living expenses has been a refreshing experience the last few years.
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Never drove a Fiesta ST but my brother has a Focus ST.

Feels like a rental car with a turbo and nice seats which is basically what it is. I would be pissed to pay that much for a car and have such bad interior and driving position. It is a car that starts at around 14k new and the interior will show it.

The Focus seemed to have too much power for what it is. The Fiesta is supposed to be a lot better balanced so it might be a bit better to drive but still not worth spending $23,000 on a Ford Fiesta to me.

$23,000 Ford Fiesta. Think about it.
                        Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

I have a 2015 focus st. You can say all you want about it being a very expensive Focus, but it doesn't get the reputation it has for no reason.
                          Sure, the interior materials aren't amazing, but it's certainly nice.
                          But if you're a real car enthusiast you care about the driving and that's where the focus st, fiesta St and now focus rs really shine. These cars are built for drivers.
                          The handling on these cars is fantastic.
                          The focus st has a bit too much power for a fwd car, but I don't know if thats really a problem.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
                            $23,000 Ford Fiesta. Think about it.
                            The WRC version of the car costs about half a million.
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

there really is not much in there that is production parts bin Ford though is there.... LOL

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X