Photobucket demanding $399 to link to third party sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something strange here.

I have Chrome installed on desktop, but don't use it. Tested the above extension, open FireFox on said desktop and they are fixed on that as well? WTF?!?!?
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

We need all the old DIY thread pics to show up or there is much learning lost! This is why I've never hosted pics anywhere, I just upload them directly to the forum and I hope that means they're permanent (?)

I'm finding a lot of DIY thread pics missing. Usually it was because they were ancient and not kept up by the poster. Now it's this photo bucket thing. E30tech is back up, but a lot of their pics are gone too.

Curious - why are people using photobucket in the first place, vs a Flickr or whatever? Who controls your photos?

Comment

Because Photobucket is old school and we are old.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
          Because Photobucket is old school and we are old.

This. My kids are from middle school to college. Updating my photo links from 1.5 decades ago for car forums would not be as important as archiving my family photos, sorry :(
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            and we are old.
            Me too - I don't even know how to use these hosting deals!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

do you think youtube will be forever? 10 years from now will it be the same?

Comment

Dropbox did the same thing recently. Despite 10's of thousands of people complaining (a good chunk of them college professors, or what-not) Dropbox didn't care. They just nuked all the links. All my "project pics" are gone. I'm not too upset - as it was time to re-startt that anyways.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                    We need all the old DIY thread pics to show up or there is much learning lost! This is why I've never hosted pics anywhere, I just upload them directly to the forum and I hope that means they're permanent (?)

I'm finding a lot of DIY thread pics missing. Usually it was because they were ancient and not kept up by the poster. Now it's this photo bucket thing. E30tech is back up, but a lot of their pics are gone too.
                    This isn't ideal, but at least it will preserve the pictures and info for the future. It works on broken e30tech threads too.

Comment

Just noticed the very large "proudly hosted by Photobucket" watermark for the first time, in this thread:

Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

i have some plugins on my chrome browser, so everything looks normal here.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I don't see it. But I don't understand why anyone would continue to use photobucket.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            Just noticed the very large "proudly hosted by Photobucket" watermark for the first time, in this thread:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=425061
                            Wow... that is large. Is that what happens when you pay the money they are asking?

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            i have some plugins on my chrome browser, so everything looks normal here.
                            Same, for both my chrome and firefox.

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            I don't see it. But I don't understand why anyone would continue to use photobucket.
                            Couldn't download my albums off of PB (they made it impossible basically) but I switched to postimg which seems to work well. Much better site in terms of speed compared to PB. I'm sure the same thing will happen to them in the future if they get too large though.
                            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                            -----------------------------------------
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

Wow, that really is gigantic. Fuck that. Glad I got rid of my account.

Comment

Not showing in Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X