Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left turn signal blinks fast (as if a bulb were out)..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    -Nick
    Originally posted by 87e30
    First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

So sorry to bump, but I have same problem.

Left turn signal blinks fine

Right turn signal blinks... just twice as fast as left one. Driving me nuts, and just started today.

Any thoughts?

Comment

faulty turn signal relay. It is under your steering column. To make sure it is the right relay, turn the signal on and you can hear and feel the square black relay clicking.

Comment

Your turn signal stalk could have a worn spot too.. Besides being the turn signal bulb housings.

Comment

Well my front turn signal no longer works.. went to Oreilly today with 3.50 in change to buy the bulb.. but you can only buy a two pack. fml

Comment

Clean your connector, takes 10 minutes, take off the bumper and clean it. Worked perfectly for me.

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

Yeah I figured it out. LOL

The bulb is just sorta lose in the socket. A wiggle and it works

So now my car it works 25% of the time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                  Thank you Dave I'm on my second e30 and second fast right blinker three mechanics and no happy ending
                  I ussually dont look for handjobs from mechanics.
                  E30 buildy things
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

I just ran into this problem myself. My rear passenger side turn signal bulb was dead (and blinking quickly because of it). I went to the auto parts store to get a replacement which worked but the turn signal kept blinking quickly. What fixed it for me was swapping one of the original bulbs (for the brake light) with the new bulb I purchased to replace the turn signal.
                    Nancy|1991 318is
                    Bessy|1985 325e

Comment

Left Blinker fast and dim

I'm having an issue with my left Blinker. When I turn it on the left side blinks fast front and back. Also the front left is very dim. I checked the connections In the front along with the groung on the driver's side fender. Everything seems to be in good condition. The bulbs have been replaced. Also to note it when I tuen my hazards on the fronts are not in sync. They go back and forth with the left still being very dim.... The problem has fixed itself before but it's back again. Please help.

Comment

Left Blinker fast and dim

I'm having an issue with my left Blinker. When I turn it on the left side blinks fast front and back. Also the front left is very dim. I checked the connections In the front along with the groung on the driver's side fender. Everything seems to be in good condition. The bulbs have been replaced. Also to note it when I tuen my hazards on the fronts are not in sync. They go back and forth with the left still being very dim.... The problem has fixed itself before but it's back again. Please help.

Comment

Working...
                        X