Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof

Not sure if this belongs in this section, but I figure this section is the closest thing.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

So my sunroof panel literally snapped off on the freeway coming home this morning (according to my dad, from the looks of things it delaminated). Am I gonna need to get a new kit along with the obvious replacement panel? Or is there any way to bolt down a replacement as a temporary solution?

how could it just fly off of the car? the wind and aerodynamics shouldn't allow for that...that's bizzare. were you driving backwards down the freeway? maybe her feet broke something when she was on her back in the rear seat
    the picture doesn't show anything.
    get a new panel and bolt it on. 1mm high on the back edge. make sure the gasket is new or you'll leak.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

make sure the track is not broken on the passenger side. I don't remember that plastic black looking deal sticking up like that when I had my sunroof panel out.

Comment

i used this page once. it was very helpful. good luck.
        RUST is a common problem with ALL car sunroofs. My car was no different. The rear right corner of the sunroof had rusted through so badly th...
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
          how could it just fly off of the car? the wind and aerodynamics shouldn't allow for that...that's bizzare. were you driving backwards down the freeway? maybe her feet broke something when she was on her back in the rear seat
          the picture doesn't show anything.
          get a new panel and bolt it on. 1mm high on the back edge. make sure the gasket is new or you'll leak.
          Yeah it snapped off. The thing has been acting up since a few days ago, and it got to the point where it wouldn't open on the front and was actually loose enough to pop up on it's own a little on the front at times. I was hoping to make it to the weekend since I work graveyard, so I could see if I could take the thing apart and make sure a bolt didn't get loose or something, but apparently it had other plans.

Comment

Working...
          X