Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 325IS Indiana - Price Drop

For sale I have my 1989 325is. SOLD

Price drop - $7000. I've found a few that I'm interested in so I'm more motivated to sell. Price is negotiable.

Manual, low miles, amazing paint, zero rust.

I bought this car about 4 years ago from a r3v member out of New Jersey. A friend and I flew out there and drove that car home to Indiana. Over the years I have only driven it during the summer and have kept it in a garage for the vast majority of the time. I absolutely love this thing and hate to see it go, but I’ve been wanting to get a sedan or something else for some time now and I think now is the time.

The car has 142,xxx miles, 10k of which are mine. And I could see this engine going for another easy 100k. The engine pulls strong and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere in the country. In fact I drove it to North Caroline to the Vintage. Most of the miles on here are actually long distant miles. Have been to Michigan and back a few times, and Georgia as well.

As you can see the paint on this is immaculate. It was resprayed by the previous owner. I would give it 9/10 due to the fact that there is a crack in the paint on the passenger’s quarter panel right behind the window and the spoiler is starting to chip. I’ve put clear nail polish to protect it from spreading further.

Overall it is pretty factory except for the BC coil overs and a mangaflow exhaust. If you have the coil overs adjust to the softest setting it rides extremely smooth on nice roads, but can be pretty bouncy on bad ones, especially in the back seat. The exhaust makes it a little louder than a normal e30, but it is just the right amount. Gives it just enough sport sound with a few pops here and there.

Last year I also painted and installed new IS side skirts and Lip. Unfortunately as I was driving home from the Vintage it was raining extremely hard and I think I hit a large water flow coming across the road and it ripped off the lip and I ran it over. It has a rip on one side and is pretty scratched up. I am in the process of patching it up. Will post pics of it soon. All the photos I took were before this happened.

The interior is a solid 8/10. Back seat and carpet are perfect. The front seats have some rips in them. Dash has a very minor crack near the cluster and a hole near the HVAC controls (photo shows this). Sunroof works perfect, doesn’t leak. Brake light is on. Only due to the fact that the senor is broken.

Recent Maintenance
    -New starter last year
    - New oil in the trans and diff last year.
    -Power steering, Alternator and the AC belts were replaced about 10 days ago
    - Had an overall inspection done with the belts and everything checks out
    - All rotors and Hawk brake pads done when I bought the car, so only have about 10k miles on them. Rotors still look brand new.
    -New euro smiley headlights

The Bad…
    -AC works and blows cold, but not as cold as it could be. Have been told the compressor could stand to be replaced.
    -Wiper motor works, but is very weak.
    -No parking brake.
    -Wheels pictured do not come with the car. Comes with basket weaves that are in pretty decent shape.
    -Blower motor seems to be loose inside the housing. If you hit a hard enough bump it sounds like it is making contact with something.
    -Gas gauge works off and on
    -Passenger window doesn't want to go up sometimes without going all the way down first.

The Good…
    -Comes with Mtech steering wheel
    -Has the pop out rear windows
    -Sony headunit and alpine speakers in the back.
    -BC coil overs
    -Very mechanically sound
    -Skid Plate
    -Weather Tech mats
    -Clean AF

Overall this is a fantastic car and a blast to drive.

Price $7250

If you have a sedan that is just as nice, or know someone who has one let me know. Or just another clean unmolested E30. I’m down to trade for the right one.

I might be a little slow returning PMs, but I will do my best.

This is after the lip was ripped off. I glue the cracks together. There is a big crack on passanger side. Overall not is terriable condition. Plenty of scratches on the bottom though
    Car was also not washed after trip home so there is some bugs.

Last edited by grahamsy2k; 06-28-2018, 07:38 PM.
    All just means to an end.

Had I by just brought one up from SC to Indiana I would jump on this! Gorgeous! You may think about posting to the Hoosier BmW or Hoosier e30 pages!
    Last edited by MidlifE30; 05-21-2018, 12:04 AM. Reason: Adding helpful content

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I’m in a couple Facebook groups that I was planning on posting it to as well. Glad to see more e30s are being brought back to IN ha.

Comment

Pics of lip after it was ripped off.

Comment

Bump

Comment

glws clean car

All just a means to an end

Comment

Did this sale go through? I'm in Ohio with cash.
              1991 Diamondschwarz 325i 5spd (SOLD)
              1989 Zinno 325i 5spd (NEW)
              2000 Nissan Maxima GLS Rollin' Phat (DD)

Comment

Sold?

I am based in Indiana. If this car is not sold I would like to take a look at it.

Comment

Working...
                X