Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

typical forum mentality. I'm not worried, i kept proving all of the E36 guys wrong for years so now i'm gonna do the same with the E30 community. I dont see what u guys have to lose, I'm doing all the hard work and you guys are reeping the benefits... why complain :roll:

Comment

just out of curiosity what exactly did your prove the E36 guys wrong on, cheap performance gains for and M50?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by Budget Beater
        typical forum mentality. I'm not worried, i kept proving all of the E36 guys wrong for years so now i'm gonna do the same with the E30 community. I dont see what u guys have to lose, I'm doing all the hard work and you guys are reeping the benefits... why complain :roll:
        If you want to go at this stuff blindly, have fun. But it's all been done before.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nando
          I think the best thing you could do for performance is get rid of those heavy wheels... they are bad enough when painted, I can't even imagine what they weigh chromed!

also, headers will be a complete waste of money with a stock head.
          I wouldn't say that a dyno proven 50nm gain from racing dynamics headers and free flow exhaust is a waste of money. ;)

Good luck with your project.

Comment

Good luck man! If you've got the time and the money, why not. I'm interested to see the results.

Comment

Hey guys, I got a bunch of stuff in. got my clutch stop, E36 M3 shifter, ebrake boots, and the final intake pieces to finish off the intake system. here are pictures of the intake.

As you can see the intake is a true SEALED COLD RAM air intake and not just some open filter. The flexible hose will go straight to the front drivers side high beam. Im excited to see what it looks like installed but I figured i would give yall a sneak peak. (sorry for the blurry pics)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Budget Beater; 10-04-2005, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, I got a bunch of stuff in. got my clutch stop, E36 M3 shifter, ebrake boots, and the final intake pieces to finish off the intake system. here are pictures of the intake.

As you can see the intake is a true SEALED COLD RAM air intake and not just some open filter. The flexible hose will go straight to the front drivers side high beam. Im excited to see what it looks like installed but I figured i would give yall a sneak peak.

sealed cold ram, hmm

Comment

It's going to suck when you have to buy new tires.
                  The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

sorry, forgot to add pics. Anyways u guys get the idea. I may make improvements on the intake in a while but for now it seems like a great start. Ram air doesnt really do much until about 60mph but i figured it will help out 3rd/4th gear which normally the 325's start to feel like they are losing alittle bit of kick. should be nice to feel the results.
                    Last edited by Budget Beater; 10-04-2005, 11:18 AM.

Comment

sorry, forgot to add pics. Anyways u guys get the idea. I may make improvements on the intake in a while but for now it seems like a great start. Ram air doesnt really do much until about 60mph but i figured it will help out 3rd/4th gear which normally the 325's start to feel like they are losing alittle bit of kick. should be nice to feel the results.
                      Considering cone intakes do nothing for E30's, and at 60mph you get approx. .1psi of "ram air" coming from a headlight opening, it's going to be placebo.

RISING EDGE

Comment

i'll take whatever i can get ;)

oh and actually its 0.36 psi ;)
                        Last edited by Budget Beater; 10-04-2005, 01:03 PM.

Comment

i tried keeping all my costs itemized and recorded. that lasted about a week.
                          James
                          '88 M3

Comment

Congrats on trying to prove everyone wrong, I hope you do. I'm looking forward to see 13+ years of professional and shadetree tinkering re-engineered in $50 increments.
                            BEERTECH

Comment

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well guys,... I FINALLY drove the car today. At first it was EXTREMELY ROUGH, which is expected for a car that hasn't been started in nearly 3 years. all the gas was pumped out, fresh gas was put in and i just dumped in 3 bottles of injector cleaner, 1 bottle of fuel system cleaner, and gonna clean ICV soon. all the oils have been changed and all new fluids are in the car. so far the car itself seems to be great, mechanically and electrically it feels great.

But one key weakness in the car is the suspension... its COMPLETELY dead. i literally got seasick driving the car through the neighborhood. springs, shocks and rear shock mounts will all have to be replaced so i will go ahead and upgrade while I am at it. the shifter is garbage but i already have E36 m3 shifter in and ready to install. I put in new battery as well and few other stuff. The wheels and tires feel great. The interior has alot of sqeeks and rattles which is expected but luckily there is no rust throughout the car so thats great news (my last one was a rust bucket). The guibo(flexdisc) is trashed and cracked so that will need replacement. The gauges (mainly coolant and gas needles) tend to jolt back and forth quickly which seems like gauge cluster may be on its way out. AC is completely out of freon and blows hot air... perfect excuse to remove it completely :) . The car is still running rough and as expected Check engine is one... but i think once i run a few tanks of gas through the lines all the crud should get pumped out.

one downside though is the planned Z4 steering wheel swap failed b/c the E30 spline is much smaller, however those of you who have done the E36 steering colume swap shoudl be able to do it no problem. I will have to buy a wheel off ebay and use momo adapter, i may put on a removable hub too both for ease as well as security (hard to steal a car w/ no steering wheel). hopefully I can get a dyno pretty soon but i decided the car isn't really driveable yet so i will have to fix suspension first and all non power related mods right now so that I can at least get it up and running reliably so i can at least get a decent baseline. So far its cost $500 (includes fuel pump/filter and all parts) to get the car up and running and it will probably need another $500 in parts&labor to get it up and running.

anyways just wanted to update yall.. can't wait to start installing this long list of mods. i'll keep yall updated.

Comment

I could have told you the Z4 wheel wouldn't fit, but props for trying? Also, people don't put E36 steering columns in E30's, just the steering racks.

How do you plan on doing the suspension and such on a $50 budget?

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                                X