Recaro Seat Adapters by Garagistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaro Seat Adapters by Garagistic

In quest of an ergonomically optimal seating arrangement for my e30, i had purchased a set of Recaro LX-C modular seats a while back and had installed them in my car using unknown/unbranded adapters that the seats came with. The result was ok but not exactly what i wanted. The adapters were too tall for my taste resulting in a higher seat base height than I preferred.

Garagistic's Recaro adapters appeared to be short and low profiled enough to bring my seat base closer to the carpet. So i picked up a set to give it a try and it surely lowered the seating height back to what i had originally intended. Build quality, fit and finish is superb in my opinion. Kit came with top quality hardware and spacers making installation a breeze onto the stock e30 sliders. The 4 mounting points on the floor lined up without breaking a sweat. :up:

Last edited by Blackout; 11-22-2023, 07:38 PM.
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Thanks for sharing! We just posted a video about these actually

The Garagistic Recaro Bottom Seat Mounts are finally available! We received so many requests to create them and we really wanted to get this out for the com...

Comment

@ Garagistic. You realize that you have integrally copied Massive's design which has been offered for 10 years, Don't you? The adapters. The spacers. The bolts. You didn't even add a single improvement...

Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-31-2019, 04:06 PM.
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I thought those looked familiar, love my brackets by Lee!

Comment

Got mine from Lee, he's always been fantastic with customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
            Got mine from Lee, he's always been fantastic with customer service!
            Need brackets.

Lee : http://www.massivebrakes.com/accesso..._RecaroAdapter

garagistic: https://www.garagistic.com/products/...293d4fef&_ss=r

looks like not much of a choice left there....

Comment

I have 50 sets in stock. Get the original ones. They were designed 15 years ago and there might still be threads on this forum showing the development.
              And always doubt those who copy... ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                I have 50 sets in stock. Get the original ones. They were designed 15 years ago and there might still be threads on this forum showing the development.
                And always doubt those who copy... ;-)
                Hey Lee, do you have any ETA for the restoration of the website?
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

No eta. But the Facebook page is fully operational. ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5188661&type=3

BTW I am very sorry for inserting myself into Garagistic's thread, but by copying integrally my work, they begged for it. I don't really appreciate dishonest and backstabbing people. ;-)
                  Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-13-2023, 10:07 AM.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    No eta. But the Facebook page is fully operational. ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5188661&type=3

BTW I am very sorry for inserting myself into Garagistic's thread, but by copying integrally my work, they begged for it. I don't really appreciate dishonest and backstabbing people. ;-)
                    Lee,

Quick question about your design on these adaptors:

Recaro brackets for e30 reuse the rear connecting rod (with square threaded ends). Their bracket has rear hole as a square and oriented to position/angle the seat belt reciever perfectly.
                    I can think of a couple of benefits with this: 1. seat belt receiver angled perfectly at the seat; 2- the slider with the adjustment lever (front/back) has a hard link to the opposite slider which doesn't stress seat's bottom frame to keep both sliders moving; 3- seat belt receiver anchoring point is connected to the rod which spreads the load across both seat anchoring brackets.

Can you please explain the idea behind your design? Why did you think that rear connecting rod could be left unused and brackets/sliders can be attached independently to the seat?

Below is a picture of Recaro e30 brackets and how they designed (rear square hole etc) as well as their installation manual. These are sourced from the internet and your brackets are much more affordable that Recaro ones (if one can even find them). I think I can make your brackets work with that center rod and stock rear hole hardware/seat belt receiver. I just wondering if it's worth the trouble and would like to hear your take on Recaro design vs yours.

Recaro brackets with the square holes to fit OEM center rod

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-4.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	10083794

Recaro brackets are bolted to OEM e30 sliders.

Name:	9158d211-9a57-435b-ade0-9cd8f7079782.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	10083796

Recaro installation manual

Name:	s-l1600-2.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	10083799

Name:	s-l1600-3.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	10083801

Attached Files

Comment

Bringing this old thread back from the dead as I didn't see it back then. I remember very well the original Recaro Kuyper adapters when I designed Massive seat adapters over 15 years ago. We had discussion on R3V about them. The reason why I didn't impliment a square hole is very simple. It is not needed. Especially that many adjustments are lost when removing the seat assembly and its adjusters from the sliders. The original seat belt receptacle has a lot of flex and will adapt to everyone's seating position. Also, Massive's Recaro adapters were designed to fit not only the OEM sliders, but also solid floor mounts for those tall drivers who want a very low seat position.

Back to the seat belt latch, it can be positioned at any angle as it is bolted to the adapters with a 12.9 graded bolt.

BTW When surfing the net, it is not difficult to find exact copies of Massive's Recaro adapters. From Poland, the UK, Australia etc. Garagistic is not the only greedy outfit to have copied my work. But all it has achieved is to have ruined their credibility as designers and engineers. Definitely not how to properly build a good reputation. LOL

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                      X