unitedautosecurity/bmwalarms/ alarm security system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unitedautosecurity/bmwalarms/ alarm security system

I bought the kit 6 month ago to install from "unitedautosecurity" or otherwise known as bmw alarms. Thier kit was much more competitive in pricing, so I figure what the heck let me try it out.

PROs - price very reasonable, functions well, switchblade key, the sensors are great no problems as of yet. Good packaging, great communication, and tons and tons of connectors included with the package

CONs - some of thier thigns arent compatible with cabrio trunk lock cylinder. Thier trunk opening thing I couldnt use on my car. Instruction is very very accurate and the wiring is very accurate, but it looks like they found it in a garabage can, cause its so faded and unprofessional. But it works. :P No kill button under the footwell.

+1 for their quality product.

I only purchased the keyless entry unit, which came with 2 switchblade keys (remote and key in one) and the brain. Installation was fairly easy. Instructions are good. Their instructions state power should be provided from the ignition cylinder (if I recall correctly) but I tapped into the red wire (hot at all times) that leads to the power antenna. This was much simpler and worked just as well.

There were some production problems at first with E30 keys but they did right and sent me replacement key blanks (along with a newer BMW key fob, a la E46) to compensate.

I had a problem with the system locking at first and their FREE technical support helped determine my central locking unit was bad.

Overall, I am very satisfied with their product as it has been trouble free.

Comment

i wish i complained about my keys. i just filed them down.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Just called United Auto Security and ordered a keyless entry kit for the 318is. Great customer service. I asked if i could arrange to have the flip keys switched out for the new style remotes, Chris called back within 5 minutes and had everything worked out ready to take the order, at no difference in cost . I will let you guys know how i goes when it is installed
        "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
        X