Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
    Hey man nice turbo project cause wait to see it in action.
    Thanks! Should be running early spring, if everything goes well that is
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

What are your plans with the Achilles heal of these cars, the front Diff?
      Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Keep a spare on stock haha, I don't think it will be much of a problem though, not planning on drag racing or continuous launches
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

What are your plans with the Achilles heal of these cars, the front Diff?
          I noticed you were an apprentice electrician, are you part of the ibew by chance?

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

No I'm not. I've been working under my dad and he's been teaching me a lot but he's going to be getting me in that thing. Why do you ask.

sigpic

Comment

No I'm not. I've been working under my dad and he's been teaching me a lot but he's going to be getting me in that thing. Why do you ask.
              I'm an apprentice electrician for local 5

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                I'm an apprentice electrician for local 5
                Nice man you have a pm coming.

sigpic

Comment

until i pulled the head and found 2 bent valves and no wood drift key on the crank
                  A key made of drift wood probably would not have held up very long, hence the bent valves...

I'm sorry someone had to say something!

Sub'd

Comment

Got some work done over the weekend, it's starting to come together finally.

No more abs. Someone had mentioned that I should keep the lines the same length when deleting the abs, anyone know anything about that?

Got the electric fan mounted up, old bits of aluminium signs worked great and it's sturdy.

And after a lot of thinking and debating I pulled the trigger on a freshly rebuilt transmission from guten parts!

No more death rattle:D

I thought id want more power so I added more blackness

Also got the new motor mounts in and the crossmember all cleaned up and ready to go

Hopefully the motor will be back from the machine shop soon so I can get to fabricating the exhaust and intake, I've been practicing on my tig welding for this

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

If you don't mind me asking how much was the rebuilt IX manual trans?
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        If you don't mind me asking how much was the rebuilt IX manual trans?
                        They offer them for 1600 + shipping. I just made the drive to pick it up to save a little money.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

They offer them for 1600 + shipping.
                          That sound reasonable price....
                          https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                          https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Ya that's what I thought, I wasnt playing a guessing game and spending 800 on a used one that will have bad synchros in another year. And since reliability is my number one goal, I expected this build to be expensive

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

They offer them for 1600 + shipping. I just made the drive to pick it up to save a little money.
                              Is that including the core? Or did they give you money for that? I ask because I was considering buying another manual and rebuilding it myself. My transmission shifts good and I have no issues other than the infamous Getrag rattle. But if I bought a rebuilt one I don't see the point of rebuilding my old one and if the price is cheaper with the core than that is even better.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Nope that was including the core, I thought about rebuilding mine also but the more I looked into doing that, it seemed like nobody wanted to rebuild them. And I heard horror stories about splitting and reattaching the case

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X