No announcement yet.

A Tale of 2 Sedans M42/S52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same exact issue with my trans mounting haha. I used AKG engine and AKG e21 trans mounts too. What mount arms did you loosen to finally get it to shift over? I messed with the trans brace to get mine to fit properly.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
      I had the same exact issue with my trans mounting haha. I used AKG engine and AKG e21 trans mounts too. What mount arms did you loosen to finally get it to shift over? I messed with the trans brace to get mine to fit properly.

Both engine mounts where they bolted to the block. Once all 8 bolts were loose the whole thing just shifted and fit right up.

Nice thing about experience, I was able to uninstall the heater core and valve and fix orientation, all said and done 30 minutes

Comment

things have been slow, been traveling a lot and been below 0 when i am home. Need to get the garage sealed up and heated...

I do finally have a cluster though, but i do not dare install until it's warmer.

I still need to figure out the last power steering line and then i can throw the intake manifold on and start replacing old rubber fuel lines (they are cracking by the fuel filter)...

Comment

Trucking along a bit, wrapped up power steering with a hydraulic line and a choline 90 degree banjo fitting

And did the new brakes. Ended up getting rebuilt Centric calipers and Porterfield pads on Zimmerman discs since the RX7 setup didn't look like it would work with the MIM 1900 wheels.

One annoying thing about the Centric calipers was the junk hardware and rubber they came with. 2/4 boots had a pin hole or leak of some kind, were not much thicker than my nitrile work gloves. Ended up with TRW boots and bolts.

I also found that I am 1 tooth off of center on my steering rack
          so the question is, do i need to remove the joint or can i just center with the steering wheel and then re-do my alignment?

Once i unf*** the steering angle, i can put the M50 intake manifold in and start tying things together.

Also, i have a Markert wire harness, does this include the starter wiring? Unfortunately a lot of the plugs and hookups were not labeled, trying to figure out if i need to wire a direct starter line to the hot junction

Comment

It looks like you need to flip that DSSR the other way otherwise it'll rub against the guibo once you install the driveshaft.

Nice work :up:
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post

It looks like you need to flip that DSSR the other way otherwise it'll rub against the guibo once you install the driveshaft.

thanks, I thought i installed it with the highest point by the guibo for that reason, but will find out soon enough as I have the hardware showing up soon to install

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post

just realized you mean with the hump facing up.. merp

Comment

LOL yup thats what I meant. You want to flip it unless the picture is an optical illusion!
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Loving this build thread! Can't wait to watch the progress. Great job so far.

Comment

Guibo installed, trimming the reverse plug so i can remove without dropping trans, going to fill with epoxy to cap the back.

dropped the M50 maf in place, looks like i need to remove some material on the wire harness shelf

Comment

Next i need to figure out the fuel rail, drop the tank to replace some rotten rubber lines going to the filter, and figure out the air intake.

I like the castro, but would be $400, or get a K&N and make a box until Garagistic sells theirs for hopefully less, or KA motors, which i have heard can be restrictive.

Comment

Fuel rail installed with spacers and purge valve located out of the way

and best of all, the brake fluid reservoir fit, I had thought it would, but knew it would be close, really didnt want to do a remote res...

Comment

Hooked up the throttle cable, had to trim back the rubber bushing, it doesn't close completely flat, but hoping it's good there. Otherwise will have to custom fab a grommet and cut back the threaded plastic so it does not interfere.

Got the beauty covers installed, Bremi MAF, and silicon boot

Still up in the air on intake, have seen some report the KAmotors is restrictive, but the price point is so tempting given I could spend half on just a cone

Comment

I have the KAmotors intake on my S50 swapped E30 and I have no issues. My air fuel ratio gauge stays around 14.7 at idle consistently. Under acceleration it goes between 12 and 13 which is normal. It has exhaust, 3.5 maf, pink tops, and squid tune for 93 octane.

Castro's box is the best overall. But I think the KAmotors type intake is the best bang for your buck. There was talk before that the intake Kam uses is just a generic Chinese design that can be bought else ware cheaper than he is asking.
                              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Nice, been going through all of this myself in the last few months.

Also went with the KA Motors intake. Fits very nice, but its junky and the mount straps are garbage. Also doesnt seem to be a good quality filter or even removable? Not worth the cash even as the cheapest on the market. Just bolt a good cone air filter on and call it a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X