My rant about: THR lollipoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rant about: THR lollipoops

These have to be the most overrated aftermarket part for an e30; I cannot stress the level of annoyingness that these things create. Those fucking squeeks, pops, and groans they make <15mph is just straight up embarassing when you're driving through a parking lot. You can tell people think your car is a POS solely because some part of your suspension is making an ungodly amount of noise on the smallest fucking bumps (don't even start with accompanies after bouncing down from a speed bump).

I plan on replacing these this summer, I don't give a shit if it's less grabber green on my car, I want these out!

Ahhh thank you, I was planning on buying those this summmer and replacing my powerflex ones, now I will just keep it the same. Mine squeeks a bit on speed bumps, but I am running full urethane now and some days are worse than others. The rear end squeeks thoug when I load it up. Rear subframe mounts.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I installed these on my car - I have the older ones with the black bushing material and did not sand off the paint from my new OE control arms I installed and have had zero issues with squeaking or popping.
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

:roll: :roll: I think the major problem is people have been buying these and sticking them basicaly on street driven daily drivers, these items are designed for track ussage, plain and simple if you don't want noise stay stock. It's a trade off between having a better handeling car and the streetability of your vehicle.
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

if you dont want noise, but original BMW offset M3 bushings. In my opinion, track or not, they shouldnt make any noise.

Comment

maybe if you spent less time being a worthless sack of flesh smoking and drinking, you could get the issues resolved by calling Siccardi instead of just whining like a pathetic helpless American spoiled brat piece of shit.

Comment

Go with m3 bushings, I love mine. Turn in feels so much better, and no wierd noises.
              Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                maybe if you spent less time being a worthless sack of flesh smoking and drinking, you could get the issues resolved by calling Siccardi instead of just whining like a pathetic helpless American spoiled brat piece of shit.
                Aggressive!:o
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Hes in bed with the THR guys
                  Back to my roots

Comment

I have the old ones on my car with no problems what so ever. I didn't have to sand off any paint or anything. Are you sure you’re torquing the bolts to spec?

I do think they are a bit harsh for street use. If I had to do it again I’d get the M3 bushings. Though, I did got a killer deal on my set so I can not complain.

Comment

no, that mostly stems from the strong belief permit is a retarded piece of shit American bringing about the downfall of the nation

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                        :roll: :roll: I think the major problem is people have been buying these and sticking them basicaly on street driven daily drivers, these items are designed for track ussage, plain and simple if you don't want noise stay stock. It's a trade off between having a better handeling car and the streetability of your vehicle.
                        Indeed.
                        Current Cars
                        2014 M235i
                        2009 R56 Cooper S
                        1998 M3
                        1997 M3

Comment

I remember reading that the popping can be eliminated by loosening the bolts, then retightening them. Basically letting them self-align with the control arm.
                          -Brandon
                          '86 325es S50
                          '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                          '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                          '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                          S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

I have Heeter on my ignore list, but turns out I had to read what he wrote anyways--oh well.

I agree with Mike about whether you're on the track/street it shouldn't matter, but now I know it obviously does matter, and I'm going to get rid of these ASAP.

And yes, I'm going to get the original offset bushings.

Oh, and Heeter...I know that state you're from is amazingly boring, but try to hold that aggression in.

Comment

I installed these with new M3 control arms and have no issues with noises. I would recommend them to anyone.

When you installed yours, did you thoroughly clean/sand your control arms?
                              Chris
                              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Working...
                              X