Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC's Wilwood Big Brake Sport Kit (11.75" rotor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob well it fit konig rewinds?15''?
    sigpic
    24v swapped

Comment

Also is this kit suitable for street use?
      sigpic
      24v swapped

Comment

Personally, seeing Mr. Lees attitude on here vs. Rob from UUCs attitude...I guess I would have to say my money would head north. I wonder if Robs attitude is the same with the big dollar guys?

Rob, I am not a customer. Considering how poorly you display yourself in this forum (curt responses, disparaging remarks, slow responses) I doubt I will ever trade my hard earned cash for your brakes, no matter how wonderful they might be.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

wow old thread. Luke, weren't you supposed to import 300mm.de brakes? Get to it. BTW, I need your rear bearing press and fender roller some weekend you're bored and in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
            wow old thread. Luke, weren't you supposed to import 300mm.de brakes? Get to it. BTW, I need your rear bearing press and fender roller some weekend you're bored and in the area.
            What would be the point of importing this stuff? I'm just curious given the horrible exchange rate. The sliding caliper stuff is hardly worth upgrading to....at least I would not spend money to go from one sliding caliper to another unless it was next to nothing.

As for the Porsche Brembo's....by the time you're willing to spend that kind of money there are plenty of options here already. And to start with Massive or UUC would be easiest.

Not meant to be argumentative but rather inquisitive. Perhaps you're being sarcastic and I'm not picking up on it.

Cheers.
            Jack Money
            http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
            Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Personally, seeing Mr. Lees attitude on here vs. Rob from UUCs attitude...I guess I would have to say my money would head north. I wonder if Robs attitude is the same with the big dollar guys?

Rob, I am not a customer. Considering how poorly you display yourself in this forum (curt responses, disparaging remarks, slow responses) I doubt I will ever trade my hard earned cash for your brakes, no matter how wonderful they might be.
              Damn.... nuff said

sorry rob.

Comment

Just finished reading through the whole thread, and maybe it's just me, but Rob at UUC sound like a douche bag. Modifying the kit after giving that whole post.

Also what Massive guy means is, that you can buy calipers and rotors and see what works, he didn't mean that any hobbyist can get on a lathe and start machining their own brakes. That's kind of retarded for you to understand that statement in such way.

Lastly, I think Rob owes Emi an apology, and the 15% restocking fee.

Comment

Also, since I am an UUC hater, I want to explain why I hate UUC.

Article about UUC shifter being better was written by a friend of UUC. The only answer I want is this: How many races have cars with UUC shifters won over Korman and over B&M? Considering Korman shifter is the worst POS money can buy, and B&M is the best (my opinion after having both) where does your shifter compare to those 2.

Ever since I've read that article I realized how shitty UUC ethics are, and would NEVER buy anything from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post

Article about UUC shifter being better was written by a friend of UUC. The only answer I want is this: How many races have cars with UUC shifters won over Korman and over B&M? Considering Korman shifter is the worst POS money can buy, and B&M is the best (my opinion after having both) where does your shifter compare to those 2.

Ever since I've read that article I realized how shitty UUC ethics are, and would NEVER buy anything from them.
                    wow raped UUC there...I'm getting a B&M for my ride in a month or so...wicked shift that is, yes, definately leagues better than the UUC IMO

Comment

lol

Anybody lin CT/NJ/NY?MA area have either of these kits?

Wanna let me try one of my wheels on your car? :)
                      -Chris

Comment

Will the 11.75 kit fit behind et27 K1s(15x7)

HUnter
                        We're out there in here.

Comment

Wow, missed a lot of replies in this thread... must have missed the auto-notification

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                          What model caliper is that now?
                          Actually, we've had an immediate change again, without ever using that caliper. Shortly after making the post showing that forged caliper, Wilwood released what was meant to be the replacement for the original caliper we were using. I will update the pic ASAP.

The caliper we are using has really "upped the game" considerably, the Wilwood DynaPRO caliper:

Quick highlights include high-strength forged billet, structural bridge bolt, and robust pad retaining clip that eliminates pad rattle and is self-retaining (does not require deformation like bendy-style pins).

Originally posted by e30love View Post
                          Rob well it fit konig rewinds?15''?
                          I do not know as I have not test-fitted a set. With the new caliper, we have to produce a new fitment diagram which will help answer that question with certainty (coming soon!)

Originally posted by e30love View Post
                          Also is this kit suitable for street use?
                          Absolutely! To answer that in more detail, street usability depends primarily on pad choice. We normally provide a high-performance street pad, and will gladly substitute race pads if requested. Often the question about suitability for street use mentions seals. Wilwood calipers do not use the typical external pillow seal seen in OE calipers as that type of seal typically burns in track/race use. Wilwood uses internal seals and stainless steel pistons, and in the years that we've been using the Wilwod products, we have yet to see a caliper need a rebuild. For the E30 application, I've been using them on my own personal 325iX now for two winters... which means salt exposure, which usually accelerates piston and bore damage. No issues whatsoever.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Forgive me if my answers come off as brusque when my sole intent is to be direct and to the point. In my experience, the misunderstandings of meaning on message boards come from being wishy-washy about what you are saying. If my responses seem firm and unrelenting, it's for a simple reason: they come from engineering experience, testing, and proof. No opinions, no "I heard...", none of that nonsense. If I say a fact to you, you can take that fact to the bank.

Slow responses, I can't help. I don't live on the message board and not all auto-replies get to me in a timely manner. Most people serious about spending this type of money on a product that have important questions often prefer to browse our website (where most of answers are already available), or call us directly to discuss concerns not answered in our website material.

Just finished reading through the whole thread, and maybe it's just me, but Rob at UUC sound like a douche bag. Modifying the kit after giving that whole post.
                          Nice attitude there, name-calling really gives your opinion validity!

As for "modifying the kit"... why wouldn't we? First, as the caliper we used was replaced by Wilwood with an updated version, it was the obvious alternative. If you used Bridgestone S-02 tires, did you completely stop buying tires when they were replaced by the S-03?

Secondly, if an opportunity to improve a design is realized, isn't it smart engineering to make that change?

Lastly, I think Rob owes Emi an apology, and the 15% restocking fee.
                          Actually, considering that Emi returned the parts without proper packaging and they were completely destroyed in shipping, I think it was nice of me not to refuse the return.

Keep in mind that there was nothing wrong with the kit, Emi simply was using wheels with insufficient clearance and did not want to use spacers.

Article about UUC shifter being better was written by a friend of UUC.
                          A "hater" platform isn't really a position of validity, is it?

Which of the dozens of articles written by people I've never met or spoken with are you talking about? I think you will find that the vast majority of legitimate independent comparisons clearly favor UUC. We have never influenced an article in any way other than with the quality and performance of our parts.

Your accusation is fallacious, speculative, and without any basis in reality.

The only answer I want is this: How many races have cars with UUC shifters won over Korman and over B&M? Considering Korman shifter is the worst POS money can buy, and B&M is the best (my opinion after having both) where does your shifter compare to those 2.
                          How many winning racecars use UUC shifters? By my last survey of class winners and leaders, I would say most of them.

Who else uses UUC shifters? Boris Said's team of Grand Am racecars.

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                          Will the 11.75 kit fit behind et27 K1s(15x7)
                          I will definitely be able to give you an answer on that very soon... I have a set of those exact wheels on the way for my 332iS project car.

- Rob
                          - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                          Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Wow that is one beautiful caliper. Having my dinan turbo swap weeks away from completion, this will be most likely my next purchase. I really really hope these would fit my AC Schnitzer 15x7's w/out spacers. If not... oh well, guess my car will get a wider stance.
                            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                              Wow that is one beautiful caliper. Having my dinan turbo swap weeks away from completion, this will be most likely my next purchase. I really really hope these would fit my AC Schnitzer 15x7's w/out spacers. If not... oh well, guess my car will get a wider stance.
                              You're in Philly, correct? If the timing works out and the 332is is put together, you're welcome to stop by and test-fit your wheel to my car. We're probably an hour or so away in Hillsborough, NJ.

- Rob
                              - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                              Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                                You're in Philly, correct? If the timing works out and the 332is is put together, you're welcome to stop by and test-fit your wheel to my car. We're probably an hour or so away in Hillsborough, NJ.

- Rob
                                Now that's a good sales man...also a good excuse to get a ride in a fast car ;)
                                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X