project '87 325iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project '87 325iS

Not much going on, just taking things apart and getting ready to lift the engine and tranny out. Also got the seats out to get a better look at the interior. All i can is that i hope the carpet in the other e30 is good.

Just for shits and giggles, lets look at the engine. There seem to be a few things missing. I hope they're not important...

In all, a total of 7 rocker arms are broken - all the intake and one exhaust. Is that pretty extreme to have that many broken? Anyway, since i have no idea of the mileage on it, i don't care about this engine except for it's value in scrap metal. Let me know if there are things off it that you may need such as the oil pan and what not.

First things first, remove the chrome fender trim and throw in the garbage (sorry for blurry pic)

... 195/50/15 in case you're curious

Anybody know what this is? It was connected to that little box. There were some horn type things which makes me think that whoever had this car was trying to rig up an alarm system or just a fucking loud horn. The blue wire was connected to that little box in the open connection you can see.

:crazy:

:???:

so far i have almost everything disconnected or removed. Just have to get my hands on a cherry picker and yank it out. Waiting for my cylinder head to get here so i can start building my engine and then I have to figure out what i need to do to swap in my 5 speed. Also, much of the wiring is severly dried and cracked and exposed.

however, my bank account is going to deciding just when all this fun stuff is going to happen I must say though, that it's nice to be working on a rust free e30 (texas car). It's funny because my old e30 was a texas car, too.
    My Feedback

Nice tire wear on the previous to last picture
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

That connector is for a temp sensor, IIRC.

Looks like a big project. GL

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Whats in that racing dynamics box?

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

small update

progress is slow. figured i'd put up some pics

dropped the exhaust and pulled off the head.

morons drilled into the wheel well, so i'm going to have to get those patched. It might force me to repaint the whole bay, something i didn't want to do.

morons also don't know how to lift a car up. it's the same on the other side.

my eta and five speed waiting patiently for the head swap.

waiting to find some fenders, a late model valence and plastic bumbners.

e28 and the '88 sulking outside in the cold. The e28 is likely going to get a replacement m30 and i'm trying to talk my dad into going 24v for the '88. I think there's an s50 at a nearby PnP...
          My Feedback

Comment

Working...
          X