X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see it :)
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
      Just got mine in; the leather seems much thicker than the stock OEM boot; it seems to be much more durable, and heck, it feels fantastic. The e-brake boot I also bought is fantastic. It has two holes cut out so it clamps onto the accordion fold's bezel and it it looks freakin fantastic.

I love looking down and seeing dead cow in my car :-D
      The stock boot isn't leather lol. Im still loving mine. I bought a black suede NRG wheel to match

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
        The stock boot isn't leather lol. Im still loving mine. I bought a black suede NRG wheel to match
        I wasn't referring to the stock OEM Boot ;)

I'll post some pics on my build thread an on here. Honestly, I was very satisfied. If you've got $25 and haven't done this mod yet, get to steppin!

Comment

I got mine a couple of weeks ago
          When I firsts bought them sorry for the bad picture

And a couple of weeks later

The shift boot fits pretty good but the e-brake boot is just ok , good for the money's though.
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

Not the biggest fan of the ebrake boot either but the shifter boot is just amazing, Just got one for my compact!
            West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
            ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

gaters gunna gate

matt-b boots , both boots shipped $40 :D cant beat that with a yard stick

Comment

how'd you guys keep the boot from sagging? when i shift into 1st i can see the lever which bugs the hell outta me.

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

Sagging...? If you have a stock BMW Shift Knob, the knob should smash the top of the boot funnel down onto the shifter. It shouldn't move after that... Maybe post a pic..?

Comment

Originally posted by PootieTang View Post
                    how'd you guys keep the boot from sagging? when i shift into 1st i can see the lever which bugs the hell outta me.
                    Yeah send a pic. I'm using a shitty autozone shift knob I've had for like 10 years. And I'm using a z3 1.9 shift lever so my boot actually bunches a little bit.
                    West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                    ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

I had to cut mine a bit to fit my 1.9 shifter; it bunches up too lol
                      Kinda annoying, but the look of the shift boot far outweigh the slight annoyance

Comment

How do you guys make them so flush with the shift knob and ebrake handle? Mine sag like two eggs hanging from a nail.

Comment

You mean like this?

Comment

Yes, right now mine are pretty loose butthole.

Comment

The brake one is definitely fixable. Turn the boot inside out and wrap a ziptie around the excess leather on your handle, and around the tip of the boot (at this point, the shifter should be inside the inside-out shift boot)

Just tie the zip tie as hard as you can, and superglue the leathers together (don't use an excess cause it might get caught further up and will shred your boot when you turn it right side out; it happened to me, but there was nothing I could do about it)

For the shifter... What's the specs on it? Is it a Z3 M?

Comment

I see, that will be tomorrow's project. The shifter is a ZHP

Comment

Working...
                                X