No announcement yet.

E30 project (not 56k friendly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job , that is quite an undertaking .

Just to clarify about that roof though :

Is it the stock roof with sunroof filled and then covered with cf ?

Or is it an entirely CF panel that was grafted onto the roof pillars ?

Either way it and the whole project is bad-ass .
    Oh and nice 911 also , any pics of it ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

:D

Wow. this is cool. What an awesome response. The roof was chopped off just above the beams AFTER the old one was renovated. I actually tried selling the old roof with the sunroof (naturally) here in Denmark. Funnily enough no one bought it.....

The dealership thought i was mad though when I told them to cut it off. In general the attention to detail on this car has bordered on the hysterical level. Every nut and bolt has been changed on that car and there has been made a complete new electrical wiring system for the car as the old one was f****d because the previous owner had cut out his boom box system with a set of pliers when he sold me the car. Friggin a-hole.

I just saw the closed ebay auction on Jordans car, and that was a funny feeling because it was his car that got me started on this thing in the first place last year. The Internet is a funny place to be.

Yeah I changed to 5 lug. I had to, to get the M3 brakes. Next summer I am looking to buying a set of BBS RS's or some other polished Schnitzer's from this place:

http://www.felgen-garage.de

Choose Zu Verkaufen on the left size and naturally 5x120. I think they have som pretty awesome wheels that are appropiately old skool.

Like these:

or these:

what do you think?
      Computers make very fast, very expensive mistakes

Comment

Teaguer:

Just a pic of the Porsche :D

Things are a little more expensive in Denmark as we have 180% tax on cars. I think we have the worlds highest tax on cars.

Comment

very nice car. cant wait to see the finished product.

Roland at the felgen garage is a great guy, got all my stuff to redo my Rs wheels from him.

Comment

Yeah i heard a lot of positive things about him. Quite a few talk about it but seem to have shrinked away when it came to laying down the cash. I only know of one other person who have bought BBS's from him in 4 lug configuration.

But that's a next winter project for me. First things is getting the damn car running again. Can't wait to go on a blast on the autobahn again with it. It's always fun to play there.

Btw. that's the original paint job on the porsche. I am quite proud of that.

Comment

sorry to back up the bus here... but do you have any more info on this roof or pics of it being completed?? who made your cf parts as they look perfect from your pics... sorry to ask all these questions... well infact im not even sure what questions to ask as ive never seen anyone chop a roof off and replace it with cf... how did you attach it to the metal car?? is it reinforced in anyway??

amazing job... im speechless
              e30sport.net
              '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
              '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
              '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Hey, a pleasure to answer. Wife's just about had it, hearing me babbling and raving on about this or that bit that the car just couldn't do without.

I should not take credit for the roof as i paid my way out of it. I think self recognition is a necessity here, and if I am such a dabbling idiot that I don't know how to fix carbon bits, I should (like I have) just accept it. The carbon stuff is done/built in Poland. That would be way east of Berlin. I used to work there as a webdesigner in the 90's and therefore got to know the country quite well. To make a long story short, when the former Soviet Union and its Red Army packed up and moved out of Poland, they also closed down their arms factories who built stuff like jets for Migoyan Gurevich.

That left a large number of very talented craftsmen that didn't know what to spend their talents on. So they started, among other things, building cars. And eventually (that would be quite recently) they expanded their talents to include carbon. Being quite proud of their handiwork, they wouldn't even let me in the workshop while they were doing it. Very secrety and hush hush. I felt a little like James Bond if it wasn't for the fact, that the buildings were absolutely derelict and the fact that I don't remind of James Bond at all.

Comment

Oh, and the roof is reinforced on the underside with cross struts. That won't be visible when the roof lining gets put in.

Comment

That is one amazing e30. That is one amazing BMW. That is one amazing automobile.
                    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

oh my! Can't wait to see the finished product! And you need to post up some video or sound clips so we can hear these beautiful sounds of which you speak.

jason
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

CMP, look man you seem like a nice guy, but I gotta tell you..... I hate you. Your cars are too nice and you don't deserve them, give them to me.
                        P.S. go with the BBS! They are the sickness!
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Yea, wow.

Do yourself a favor and pickup a set of those AC Schnitzers. A little more unique than the BBS RS's, and they'll look fantastic...

Wow, I'm so glad there are guys as nuts about E30's as the rest of us out there in the world...wish I could afford to replace every nut and bolt on my E30! Trust me, if I could do it, I would!
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by CMP06

Sweet car . Is that a Gumball Rally sticker that I spy ? :up:

Please do tell .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

jesus christ your car is absolutely amazing.

Comment

BRAVO!! I cant wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Working...
                                X