What tail light is this!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am struggling to find out what and where and how this tail lights is on my newly bought e30??!!
    Not knowing much about e30s can some one help me out please.
    Attached Files

In the late 90's early 2000s lexus was first car that started that style of clear tail lights with the black lining. Soon after cheap imitations were available on Craigslist for 150 to 200 dollars. Yeah I was that guy that thought it would be cool to put them on my 97 328i, looking back.....not cool at all. My advise, Get rid of them. they leaked around the gaskets and you'll get water in your trunk, the lights them selves, and it will start to coorode the wiring. Just my 2 cents!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota Altezza style tails for BMW E30. It was never a good look except maybe on the Altezza/Lexus IS. Just looked terrible on everything else.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

honda civic?? lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Kill it with fire. Some normal blacked out would look better in my opinion,... or stock replacements. But I never liked the altezza look even on the is300 that was designed around it. The style looks outta place

New Black Style:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Thanks so much guys! Further questions will be asked sooner or later!
            Great community.

Comment

Originally posted by izickc View Post
              In the late 90's early 2000s lexus was first car that started that style of clear tail lights with the black lining. Soon after cheap imitations were available on Craigslist for 150 to 200 dollars. Yeah I was that guy that thought it would be cool to put them on my 97 328i, looking back.....not cool at all. My advise, Get rid of them. they leaked around the gaskets and you'll get water in your trunk, the lights them selves, and it will start to coorode the wiring. Just my 2 cents!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
              In actuality, they were called "Altezza's". The clear/red crap. Started with 94-95 Accord tail lights. Same shape and were super popular at the time. Then came every single other car.

( I had a 94 Accord. Never got them. This was back in 99/00.) I can't remember the name of the company that made them, but they were HUGE.

Comment

Welcome to the e30 club!

Good news if you have a awesome car.

Bad news, the PO was a ebay modder.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

There are some automotive fads that we can liken to the leather jacket; a contemporary piece of clothing that has endured the test of time to become a staple of one’s wardrobe. The Hoffmeister kink may be the best example of an aesthetic detail that’s achieved this sort of ubiquity and acceptance. On the other hand, certain things, like denim shirts for men and a certain style of empire waist tops that were once labeled “tit curtains” by an old lady friend of…
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                  X