This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    There used to be a huge monthly GTG when I was in the VW world. It was at the end of 85 off of Rengstorff and 101. It was basically a mid point for a lot of people so we'd get a good mix of people who would travel to it. Big parking lot too
    if you hear about one soon, lmk. i need to show off my corrado and get someone to buy it.

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    Fucking peninsula, why can't people live in the east bay where it's convenient to me?!?
    Because the roads are better on the peninsula and you have a lower chance of being shot/mugged.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      if you hear about one soon, lmk. i need to show off my corrado and get someone to buy it.
      Not likely, but Ill let you know. My vortex days are over. I dont have anything VW left and my login got all messed up when they got that huge hack a little while ago.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Because the roads are better on the peninsula and you have a lower chance of being shot/mugged.
        Fair point, Oakland's roads are destroying my car.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I'm down for any meet, but if it's not in East Bay, I won't be taking the E30, unfortunately, but I'll be there with my 135.
          1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
          2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
          2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
          2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
          1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
          1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

i'd meat

e30's down though, but the moupe runs!
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              i'd meat

e30's down though, but the moupe runs!
              isn't it a smoupe?
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

it is a smoupe yes
                cars beep boop

Comment

Jeeps are oversized e30s right
                  SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                  IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                  BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Anyone around sometime to help me out with a bigger job?

I replaced my lower oil pan on my E30, but I found out (or caused) the upper oil pan is stripped, causing a vacuum leak. So, obviously it's pretty out of commission due to overheating if driven more than about 30-45 minutes.

Basically, I either need to redrill my upper oil pan as a temporary fix (the gasket is leaking), or replace the pan itself.

All the leaks I have remaining are pretty minor, only my lower oil pan was especially bad.

Since moving into my new apartment, I've been pretty short on money, so I can't quite afford to bring it to a shop right now, but it would be nice to have it drivable around town as my daily, again.

Beer, Pizza, Friendship, all the joy of helping me learn the hard stuff all included! Just moved to Northwest Berkeley.

I'm leaning towards having the pan re-drilled or helicoiled for now, but idk. Any leads on an east bay shop that would do it dirt cheap? I don't care if it's a sloppy job, and it will all be fixed in a few months.
                    2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                    2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post
                      Blah blah blah
                      jb weld it for now. then:

lose the damn m42 and your life will be better for it.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

can you guys confirm e30 alternators from any e30, fit in each car? RealOEM seems to say so. Only difference is the amps but i'm just gonna get a 95a cuz cars only use what it needs and I can put it in my M3. Then throw older one on other car.
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

jb weld it for now. then:

lose the damn m42 and your life will be better for it.

JB Weld all the way around the lower oil pan? haha
                          2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                          2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post
                            I replaced my lower oil pan on my E30, but I found out (or caused) the upper oil pan is stripped, causing a vacuum leak. So, obviously it's pretty out of commission due to overheating if driven more than about 30-45 minutes.

Basically, I either need to redrill my upper oil pan as a temporary fix (the gasket is leaking), or replace the pan itself.

I'm leaning towards having the pan re-drilled or helicoiled for now, but idk. Any leads on an east bay shop that would do it dirt cheap? I don't care if it's a sloppy job, and it will all be fixed in a few months.
                            So the threads in the upper oil pan got ripped out and now you can't torque the lower oil pan bolts to spec, which is causing leaks?

Why not buy the tool to fix it yourself? (Make sure to get the correct thread pitch)

Helicoil:
                            kit
                            single tool

Timesert:
                            single tool

Here's a thread about other options:
                            Spent half last night drilling out rusted and galled head bolts on a Wisconsin VH4D engine. These are notorious for this, and this one was worse than most Ended up installing 12 Helicoils in it. Got me to thinking and was wondering what you guys prefer? Never had a problem with HC's, but have...
                            Last edited by McGyver; 11-29-2017, 09:45 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

a meet?

Comment

we can eat tacos around the 2002 maybe

just like old times
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X