• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    OH MY GOD PEOPLE LETS PICK A PLACE TO EAT MEAT WHILE WE MEET WITH OUR CARS

I️ second this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SpeedOrr View Post
      Machine shop recommendation for the Bay Area? Want me head well taken care of...
      Star Machine Shop in Emeryville, Shaun is the man!
      Last edited by McGyver; 12-11-2017, 04:30 PM.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Just picked up a 1987 325e on Friday and on Sunday a rear clunk under acceleration has shown up... (Driveshaft? Flex Disc?)
        Can anybody suggest a good shop in the bay area? Specifically SF or the peninsula?

Comment

Originally posted by jawkDNA View Post
          Just picked up a 1987 325e on Friday and on Sunday a rear clunk under acceleration has shown up... (Driveshaft? Flex Disc?)
          Can anybody suggest a good shop in the bay area? Specifically SF or the peninsula?
          Buy a bible, and a 2ton aluminium jack from HF. do it yourself.

nothing on the e30 is hard to work on and an eta is a killer starter car.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            Buy a bible, and a 2ton aluminium jack from HF. do it yourself.

nothing on the e30 is hard to work on and an eta is a killer starter car.
            This, but also get jackstands and a set of tools. Craftsman is good to start with since you can return anything that breaks. Then buy the tool needed when you get to a special job (i.e. brake line wrenches). You'll build up a good set of tools and learn plenty.

I'm guessing if you took your car to the shop it would need $4-5k of work, since every e30 is neglected. Unless you have a lot of money to throw away, learning to wrench is your best bet.

Buy parts from Bluntech, Pelican Parts, BavAuto, Turner, FCP, etc...
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Ewwwww

For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

Who’s has a super clean White Coupe that was parked in the excelsior on Mission and Silver last night? Saw it coming and going from my garage.

Comment

Well guys, I r3ved one last night. Lady ran a red, I t-boned her on my green light, CHP saw it all and said it was her fault. Shit sucks. I'm sore. 10 years of building this car all gone.

I guess I need to start finding e30s that sold locally with similar builds for when her insurance low balls me.
                  Last edited by McGyver; 02-08-2018, 02:18 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    Well guys, I r3ved one last night. Lady ran a red, I t-boned her on my green light, CHP saw it all and said it was her fault. Shit sucks. I'm sore. 10 years of building this car all gone.

I guess I need to start finding e30s that sold locally with similar builds for when her insurance low balls me.

Damn that sucks. There’s some drivers out there that really make you wonder how they got their license. You’re good though?

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident. I know it is hard to hear, but the main thing is you are ok.

Comment

oh no :(

happy to hear you are more or less in one piece. go get checked out.
                        cars beep boop

Comment

How fast was the impact? Glad you walked away from that.. It looks like a hard hit. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

brutal accident. that sucks and i'm sorry for your loss. i'm glad it was a DB car, those cars do a much better job saving the passengers. it was hit in one an it did a much better job than i could have imagined.
                            you may need a lawyer, this accident could cause you to have neck pain for the rest of your life. get checked out now, before it's too late.
                            Go to BaT, they have a list of all the nice e30s sold.
                            most cars i see on CL now are trash and 1k-6k. here is the only nice-ish one.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Who’s this? Up in Sebastopol.

Comment

I was going pretty slow, probably about 25 mph. I'm glad I had the metal bumpers to help save me. I walked away, but definitely got some whiplash and my neck/back are all still hurting pretty bad. BAT is definitely going to be helpful since the car is far from stock.

Anyone have any accident lawyer suggestions? I'm not sure I need one, but I'd like to have everything covered in case the other insurance company is being unreasonable.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X