e30 no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 no start

Fuel lines are hooked up properly. I also get spark from 1-6 not sure what else could be the problem :/

does it just turn over and over and nothing?

Id double check to make sure the timing is correct and the spark plug wires go to the right spot on the cap
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Crank sensor. Even though the fuel lines are hooked up properly are you getting fuel from the injectors. Whats the fuel pressure. Clogged fuel filter?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

If he has spark wouldn't that indicate the crank sensor works?

You've given us no information OP. not even the type of engine

Comment

if you have a late model car, there is a c101 under the intake manifold. if that is loose you wont have starts.
          if you have spark, the crank position sensor is working and the brain is working.
          it has to be fuel. you could have a bad fuel pump? do you have flow?
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

reality is it could be so many things.

-old shitty fuel
            -blocked fuel filter
            -stuffed fuel pump
            -something isn't plugged in (maf, tps, anything else)
            -blocked fuel injectors
            -fuel pressure regulator stuffed
            -vacuum lines hooked up wrong
            -ignition timing is out
            -cam timing is out
            -massive vacuum leak
            -starter motor not spinning fast enough
            -battery flat

Comment

Sounds like you probably have a fuel delivery problem. Have you attempted starting it on an alternative fuel source? like starting fluid or carb cleaner, just to see if it fires? You can rent a fuel pressure tester from O'reilly if you need to and check fuel pressure.

Comment

It only turns over with starting fluid. I will try with better fuel maybe? Car just recently went from a 2.7 to a 2.5 swap

Comment

If it runs on starter fluid then you have a fuel delivery issue. Was the car sitting for a long time prior to the engine swap? The gas would have to be in really bad shape for it to not run on it, I've seen cars run on gas that's been in the tank for over a year, they didn't run well but they did run. If you pop the back seat out you can check for B+ at the fuel pump or you can check for B+ at the other pump under the car should be a green/violet wire. At the very least have someone try and start the car and listen to see if it turns on.

I'm sure you can find a wiring diagram on here somewhere. Also there should be a fuse for the fuel pumps that might have blown, fuse 11 if i remember correctly.

Comment

Definitely not getting fuel to the engine.
                    Check out this link and run thru each step. It's tedious but necessary

-Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by Edward_b View Post
                      It only turns over with starting fluid. I will try with better fuel maybe? Car just recently went from a 2.7 to a 2.5 swap

Double check the fuel lines. Pull one and crank the car which ever one has fuel spewing out make sure that goes to the inlet. You either have bad fuel pump, injectors, clogged filter or lines are swapped. If it just went from 2.5-2.7 my money is on the lines.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        Double check the fuel lines. Pull one and crank the car which ever one has fuel spewing out make sure that goes to the inlet. You either have bad fuel pump, injectors, clogged filter or lines are swapped. If it just went from 2.5-2.7 my money is on the lines.
                        This ^^. If the Fuel supply line is connected to the Fuel pressure regulator, you have the lines switched.
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I did double check which fuel lines go to what. Im guessing bad gas? Ill check the gas over this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward_b View Post
                            I did double check which fuel lines go to what. Im guessing bad gas? Ill check the gas over this weekend.

How long did the car sit? It usually takes 6+ months of sitting for todays gas to go bad. Even at that in my experiences the car will still start but run like shit. Doubt its bad gas. Going to be something with fuel delivery. You should test your fuel pressures and then get a set of noid lights and see if the injectors are getting a signal.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              How long did the car sit? It usually takes 6+ months of sitting for todays gas to go bad. Even at that in my experiences the car will still start but run like shit. Doubt its bad gas. Going to be something with fuel delivery. You should test your fuel pressures and then get a set of noid lights and see if the injectors are getting a signal.
                              I'd say about 6-9 months. ill have to check on her over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X