Grammar and credibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grammar and credibility

Maybe its just me but I have a real hard time listening to political rants from people who don't use commas capital letters periods etc lets all learn some grammar then we can act like we know about politics and the way the world works though I could care less what kind of grammar or lack thereof someone uses when they talk about their engine

Maybe it's just me, but I have a real hard time listening to political rants from people who don't use commas, capital letters, periods, etc...

Let's all learn some grammar. Then we can act like we know about politics and the way the world works!

Though, I could care less what kind of grammar (or lack thereof) someone uses when they talk about their engine.

See how nice that is?

So what? I'm a dick in the morning...
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Its a forum not a doctorial thesis
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

True.
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I just think we would all agree more if we actually understood each other.
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Doubtful
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Complains about grammar using run on sentence.

Oh the ironing.

Edit: was tl;dr, I think I got wooshed.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Regardless, poor spelling and grammar comes off as uneducated.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

If you can't take care in what your write, people won't care to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  I agree with you to a point. Im not educated but im not stupid. I dont use proper punctuation because Im lazy and im always going 90MPH
                  But I know how to speak in a crowd and I know the difference between there ,their and theyre. I also use slang when appropriate. But Id never say "I aint got no" in front of anyone either. I hear people on TV and politicions using poor grammar all the time... I dont get it
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                    I agree with you to a point. Im not educated but im not stupid. I dont use proper punctuation because Im lazy and im always going 90MPH
                    But I know how to speak in a crowd and I know the difference between there ,their and theyre. I also use slang when appropriate. But Id never say "I aint got no" in front of anyone either. I hear people on TV and politicions using poor grammar all the time... I dont get it
                    This times eleventy billion.

Not to mention I just plain can't spell to save my life.

William Pitt-

Comment

I'm more of an ideas person. I don't really care if you shift verb tenses or make other minor grammatical errors when presenting an argument, but once they reach a level where clarity is compromised, then that is a problem.

I avoid this altogether by not reading the Politics subforum. I'm here for the lols, ownage, and members' E30s in all states of repair.

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Isn't your post a huge run on that needs commas and periods

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          qft.
                          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                          You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                            If you can't take care in what your write, people won't care to read it.
                            It has been a long time since I read anything Rufflz has posted.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by dirty325ix View Post
                              isn't your post a huge run on that needs commas and periods
                              qft
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X