No announcement yet.

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could of just used red loctite instead of the lock rings. Its what i did on the DD. I bought a set of the lock rings put them on hammered down the edge and then one day the car felt funny so i threw it on the lift and found my inner tierod was laying in the boot and just getting pushed by the rack when it needed to be moved for steering. How I didn’t crash is beyond me.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

am interested in that set of e36 tie rods when/if you decide to sell em. Still need new ones haha. Planning on throwing them in during the swap cuz I'll also be swapping in treehouse CABs for header clearance.

got any new plans for the m20? or still keeping it secret?
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

am interested in that set of e36 tie rods when/if you decide to sell em. Still need new ones haha. Planning on throwing them in during the swap cuz I'll also be swapping in treehouse CABs for header clearance.

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          You could of just used red loctite instead of the lock rings. Its what i did on the DD. I bought a set of the lock rings put them on hammered down the edge and then one day the car felt funny so i threw it on the lift and found my inner tierod was laying in the boot and just getting pushed by the rack when it needed to be moved for steering. How I didn’t crash is beyond me.
          Please don't do loctite. Previous owner did that to my rack, I ended up ruining the rack trying to remove the inner tie rods.

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post

PM sent, Im definitely selling them. I already ordered the lock rings so the new person (you?) wont be surprised with the BS I was. They wouldve ordered just the lock rings but it wouldve taken much longer than just getting the entire assembly. Im annoyed but I'll get over it.

As for now with the M20, Im pretty happy with it other than the fact that I feel like Im smelling it burning oil. If this motor will last, the plan would be to replace the headgasket as I know it has a minor leak (though it could be getting worse since Ive been driving it hard). If it lasts to the head gasket r&r I will probably throw a cam in and reflash it. If it doesnt, Im likely to swap it with something else. Just not 100% sure on what yet. I want to buy a front subframe and test out a few different swaps I have in mind, but I need more space to do it... Just day dreaming right now. Still moving towards a 5speed swap next though, hopefully in 3-6 months or something.

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
            Please don't do loctite. Previous owner did that to my rack, I ended up ruining the rack trying to remove the inner tie rods.
            Yea, I would never do this. I thought about it, but I had to just accept that it was going to be properly fixed. Locktite doesnt belong on a steering rack IMO
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Took the car out to a gtg and its interesting to see the different paths the E30s go...

Here’s mine though in all of its glory

Does it look sportier? Because it should. I upgraded my auto trans to the sport model

It wasn’t too hard actually

I immediately noticed the difference, but I still want the 5 speed done
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Nice. All stickers equal +5hp.

MJ

Comment

Jesus that ipod is a dinosaur

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Jesus that ipod is a dinosaur

It’s vintage bro
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Another Cirrus Blau e30

I recently picked up an e30 project too. Similar to you, I'm trading up from a 2007 e90. I love the e90, but there's just something about the vintage e30 styling that fits me better. Your thread caught my eye because our scenario is so similar. I narrowed my search for a 4 door 325i. It had to be straight and relatively stock. 5 speed manual and sport seats are a must, but those can be added later. I ended up with a Cirrus Blue '87 325i, Auto, Sedan. Completely stock with blue interior worn comfort leather seats. It has the normal faded/peeled paint of it's age, but it's straight as an arrow.

Once the e30 is daily drivable, I'm unloading the e90. I had a minor setback when the timing belt snapped a few weeks after I bought it. Luckily, I found a recently new head from a wrecked donor. I got it back on the road this weekend:).

So far, I've done the following:
                      • New Control Arms (with poly bushings - mistake??)
                      • Sound System (Pioneer deck, Cerwin Vega component speakears, Alpine dual coil sub, 2 Crunch amps - it all sounds great!)
                      • Timing Belt (should've done it sooner!)
                      • Head
                      • Water pump and Thermostat
                      • Belts, Hoses and Gaskets
                      • Brake Master Cylinder
                      • ABS Pump, Module and Relay
                      • O2 Sensor

On the short list of things I plan to do:
                      • Suspension (I like the IE springs and Bilstein Sport)
                      • Wheels and Tires (16x7 or 16x7/8 staggered)
                      • Front Sport Seats (Reupholsted in indigo blue leather to match the rear)
                      • Manual Swap ( I already have the pedals, hydraulics, flywhel and clutch)
                      • 'IS' Front Spoiler with Fog lights
                      • Repaint (Original color)
                      • Steering Rack (I have a nearly new e30 rack, but I'm considering an e36 upgrade instead)

When I drove it home, every light on the dash was lit up, plus half of the check lights. I'm down to just the CEL. The code it flashes is for O2 Sensor Malfunction. The problem is that I replaced the O2 sensor, but it still isn't working.

I look forward to see your project progress.

The attached image of the engine is after I replaced the head, cleaned it up and painter the intake and valve cover.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic
                      1987 325i Sedan - Latest project
                      1987 VW Cabriolet - 2.0l swap/stanced
                      2000 323i Vert
                      2002 325ci
                      2007 328i - Slammed
                      2011 X5 M-Sport - 4.4l twin-turbo

Comment

Welcome to the cirrus club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ are those azevs?
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post
                            Welcome to the cirrus club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Sick ride! What springs/COs are you riding on? What size wheels? Offset? I love the staggered look.
                            sigpic
                            2000 323i Vert
                            2002 325ci
                            2007 328i - Slammed

Comment

Got my care package today from Bluntech

Picked up a trunk lock, and a coolant sensor. My coolant light had been staying on the check panel and as soon as I ordered one it shut off... I figured I might as well still change it since it takes 30 seconds to do so.

Eventually I will deal with the trunk lock. Hopefully, I will have better luck with this than I did the last time I put together a tumbler.

We’ll see.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Got my care package today from Bluntech

Picked up a trunk lock, and a coolant sensor. My coolant light had been staying on the check panel and as soon as I ordered one it shut off... I figured I might as well still change it since it takes 30 seconds to do so.

Eventually I will deal with the trunk lock. Hopefully, I will have better luck with this than I did the last time I put together a tumbler.

We’ll see.
                                I replaced my coolant sensor too. Then the light was intermittent. I ended up slightly crimping the connector wires to make a better contact and that fixed it. When I originally drove the car home, the dash was lit up like a XMas tree - ABS, Brakes, Check Engine, Brake Light, Coolant, and one other I cant recall. Now I'm down to just the Check Engine..bastard!

Good luck with that trunk lock.
                                sigpic
                                2000 323i Vert
                                2002 325ci
                                2007 328i - Slammed

Comment

Working...
                                X