First time e30 Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
    WOW our cars really are identical! I've heard about Azevedo Motorsport. Good old Portuguese flag hanging on the ceiling lol. I'm Portuguese as well and from what I heard I share the same first name as the owner. If I was told correctly his first name is Diogo?

Anyhow, good luck with the car! Do you have manual or power top? I'm also wondering how the suspension will feel since I've been looking around for something for mine but dont want to sacrifice quality. Was thinking Bilsteins with GC adjustable springs.
    Two brothers, Rui and Diogo used to run it together. Now Rui runs Azevedo and Diogo i think runs AMS autowerks?

Manual top but I have the motor in there just no cables. I'm excited to see how it rides as well. My current stock suspension is shot due to NJ weather.

Comment

Wow nice! Gotta love the shiny red paint. Someday I'll get mine to look like that!

Speaking of Bilsteins... After breaking through an old shock mount in my vert, I discovered that I already have some nice Bilsteins. Of course, they didn't do me any good until I fixed the shock mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by A_seth View Post
        Two brothers, Rui and Diogo used to run it together. Now Rui runs Azevedo and Diogo i think runs AMS autowerks?

Manual top but I have the motor in there just no cables. I'm excited to see how it rides as well. My current stock suspension is shot due to NJ weather.
        Ah! Gotcha. I'm Sub'ed
        1992 325i Convertible - "project"
        1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Got her back today!

Went with Koni yellows and Eibachs
          painted the IS lip and lower parts of the side panels and rear bumper
          ESM 002R Platinum 16x8 ET20 and 16x9 ET15
          205/45/16 Rear
          195/50/16 Front

I'll try to get some better photos when the weather opens up and when I do a thorough cleaning!

Comment

Looks great. Can’t wait to hear how the ride feels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1992 325i Convertible - "project"
            1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Car looks very clean! You're doing great work.

I recommend a skidplate if it isn't already outfitted with one ;)

Comment

Looks great, I have a red Cabrio as well! Black interior and early bumpers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
                  Looks great. Can’t wait to hear how the ride feels
                  Feels brand new. The ride is super smooth. I still have to learn about how the adjustable shocks work but for the standard setting it rides great!

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                  Car looks very clean! You're doing great work.

I recommend a skidplate if it isn't already outfitted with one ;)
                  Thank you! I've got my eyes open for one

Originally posted by E's-30 View Post
                  Looks great, I have a red Cabrio as well! Black interior and early bumpers though.
                  Thanks!

Comment

So it's been a while! I've got some good and not so good updates!

After I got the car back from the shop with the wheels and cosmetics done, I drove it around for a bit, took it to a BMW hosted cars and coffee, and got one good photoshoot in... then the auto trans died.
                    Driving on my way to work..

With the auto transmission shot, I thought this would be the best time to do the 5 speed swap I've always wanted! I was very short on time as my wedding was 2 weeks away and I needed the car for the wedding. Azevedo did all the work just in time so I could have my gal ready for the big day!

Short videos of the car in the wedding
                    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like amitsethnj.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like amitsethnj.

After the wedding, I had more free time so I was able to take her out to the first Cars and Coffee at Garden State Plaza in NJ. Pretty dope show with some amazing cars!

And only a few short days after the show, I was driving around town, minding my own business and the timing belt snapped. Causing significant damage.

So now I sit in my office.. sad.. upset.. broke... but still searching for an s50 swap:devil:

more updates soon!

Comment

Another M20 claimed by timing belt failure... sad :(

If an S50 turns out to be out of budget, you should pull the head and inspect the damage. I purchased my car with a broken timing belt and the bottom end prevailed.

Might be a simple top end swap and you're back in business! M20s are stout motors if the timing belt is kept up with :up:

Comment

Update!

She's in the shop - Azevedo motorsports - for the swap! Took some time to track one down but we found an S50 with around 70k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by A_seth View Post
                          Got her back today!

Went with Koni yellows and Eibachs
                          painted the IS lip and lower parts of the side panels and rear bumper
                          ESM 002R Platinum 16x8 ET20 and 16x9 ET15
                          205/45/16 Rear
                          195/50/16 Front
                          Which Eibach kit did you go with?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                            Which Eibach kit did you go with?

Prokit!

Comment

Got the car back! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Need to get the exhaust system fixed up as my current catback is deteriorating but other than that, shes perfect

Comment

Thats awesome work. Now you should look into moving that battery to the trunk. The S50 adds some weight up front and though this isnt a racecar it still helps to balance it out.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X