Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eurospeed
    The front requires no modification whatsoever, you just need the late-model front airdam.
    Then why did i need to drill 2 holes on mine when i did it? Sounds like modifacation to me. Bumper shock mounts need a little modding too.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Hey, SMARTASS. I'm only going by what I've been told, I haven't done the swap myself. I'm sorry if I was incorrect.

Comment

ok, i still a noob so here my noob question:

I have a '87 325is can i do the euro bump swap and still keep the "IS" front bottom?
        -Frank
        1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
        1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
        2001 525i

Comment

OKay... i've decided that i'm going to do the bumper tuck, because it's free, and free's so much better than paid for new bumpers. But i don't have the front valence for the car. Can anyone point me in the direction of one, and how to put it on?

Thanks.

I have a 1987 BMW 325i. made 04/87.
          My e30's older than I am... but that doesn't matter, it still has a lot of spunk. And that's all that really counts. spunk.

Comment

Does anybody have any pics of an '88 with Euro bumpers?
            What valence did the Euro '88s come with? in the US, '88 switched to the new style valence. What about in Europe?

Or if someone could photoshop a set of Euro bumpers onto an '88... or even photoshop a late model front valence on an early Euro car...

PLEASE ;)

-Erik

Comment

There are no euro bumpers that will fit an 88. In Europe they came with the plastic ones.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I just did a late valance swap on my 87 iS, due to the fact that my stock airdam was mangled. It bolted up perfectly. Had to cut tow hitches, and the plastic bumper cover has nowhere to screw into, but it was relativly easy to do. I also did the front tuck. Cleaned up pretty good. The rear tuck i can't do, i've drilled two holes in each shock now, and it won't budge. There no chance of rust so i don't know what would be stopping it.

PS: I know the cars dirty, its been raining and snowing a lot here and theres no point in washing it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CGDoig; 12-09-2005, 04:03 PM.

'05 Jetta TDI
                '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
                '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
                '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

Bump, someone help me here?

'05 Jetta TDI

Comment

I read and re-read your post CGDoig...do you have a question? What kind of help would you like?

If it is about the rear tuck (you kind of phrased a question there) I can tell you I did mine by drilling until I hit a pocket of compressed air (I assume air, may have been anything) then I SLOWLY backed up against a wall until a foaming, smelly greasy liquid came spewing out...nasty, I tell ya.

I am not happy wiht my rear tuck becuase I went a bit far in. The damn thing does not seem to want to come out. Oh well. Some other day.

The tucked diving board/late valence is looking pretty good. I assume you are gonna find an "is" lip for it. That would look pretty good, I think.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Perfect, that was the answer i was looking for. I tried to do the rear too but it won't budge. I'm thinking i might take the shocks out and compress them with a vice or something. And thanks, i think it looks better than my crappy iS airdam that was curbed to shit. I'm waiting to buy the lip but it'll come after the holidays.

'05 Jetta TDI

Comment

How about euro bumpers, can they be tucked? I'd prefer to go to plastics but apparently that's not possible. Can euros be fitted better?

Comment

The euro bumpers don't have shocks, you can't tuck them. They're pretty small as is. What do you mean by fitted better?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cale
                            How about euro bumpers, can they be tucked? I'd prefer to go to plastics but apparently that's not possible. Can euros be fitted better?
                            you can do plastics. it just takes work. if you have diving boards and you want the easiest solution tuck them.
                            sigpic

Comment

So what all is entailed in fitting an MTech II to a diving board car?
                              Is this possible? Do I just have to change the front valence?
                              Slicktop City!

Comment

There would be so much work, dont do it. Youd have to ruin the mtech rear and as rare as they are that would be a shame. There are replica Mtec2 kits that fit the early body.
                                Im now E30less.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X