Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
    You have my attention!
    Mine, too! Love it. Glad we just moved back to NC so I can check Tyler's car out...and Vintage.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Excited to see this at the Vintage
      Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by TC|Photography View Post
        Thank you all for the love. I am very excited to be building this car and hopefully many more, I am also excited about the M10 built we are hoping for 150HP to the wheels. As far as the door panels go, it is not a “shortcut” but a period correct attention to detail. Here is a video like to an original Alpina Rally Car
        Again, I am not going out of my way here to pick on you. This looks like it will be a very neat car.

However, you will find that the door panel example you linked to is not how it would have ran "back in the day". Nearly all used some hacked-up version of the stock panels or no panels at all. I call it a shortcut because that's what it looks like (given good panels are difficult to source). Calling it an homage, or something would be a bit more genuine on your part.

In addition, that engine spec will not yield 150hp to the wheels, even with a great port job. You will be closer to 120-140whp with good tuning. Still, a very very fun little combination.

Excited to watch the progress.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
          Again, I am not going out of my way here to pick on you. This looks like it will be a very neat car.

However, you will find that the door panel example you linked to is not how it would have ran "back in the day". Nearly all used some hacked-up version of the stock panels or no panels at all. I call it a shortcut because that's what it looks like (given good panels are difficult to source). Calling it an homage, or something would be a bit more genuine on your part.

In addition, that engine spec will not yield 150hp to the wheels, even with a great port job. You will be closer to 120-140whp with good tuning. Still, a very very fun little combination.

Excited to watch the progress.
          Fair enough, I appreciate your input very much. I believe we are hopeful of the 150HP but we will see as the car will see some dyno time. Even at 140HP will be an immense amount of fun in this little car, thank you we are excited to watch her come together as well. It's been something I've wanted to build for a long time(E30 M3 took priority over this ) but everything has a time and place!

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
            Excited to see this at the Vintage
            Thank you! Should be a great turnout this year!

Comment

Update 2/18/18

Floor pan installed and seal sealed as well as the frame rail, this is my first time making a frame reail - so yes there are some imperfections but overall I am happy with the end result and being that the thickness is over double what was originally used on 2002's this will last the lifetime of the car.

Untitled by Tyler Cauley, on Flickr

Coilover kit from IE also arrived with shortened and valved bilstein struts to match the shortened housings.

Finally she is back on the ground temporarily until she is back from paint/body. Loaded up and she is on her way, see the panels held upto the car below.

Until Next time!

Comment

Working...
              X