What's a reasonable value? '92 525i, 102k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a reasonable value? '92 525i, 102k miles

1992 525I with a package that includes wood trim. I'm strongly considering buying it. It's a 5 speed with 102k miles , one owner, carfax is clean. Although it shows being serviced at the dealership, it was only about once a year, but after only 3k miles. So this car hasn't been driven much in the last few years. It shows 78k way back in 2002. Everything that's important seems to work. It has a few minor (mostly cosmetic) issues. Like the mirror covers on the sunvisors don't slide and the sunroof switch panel has been rigged to stay in place. But overall, seems nice. Clutch still feels great along with the brakes. It will also need shocks soon. Also, what kind of MPG should I expect?

i bought mine with 120k about 3 years ago for 1200.

Comment

I drove it home tonight. I work at the dealership it was traded in at. I'd pay about $2k. I noticed tonight that when I turn the heat on, it doesn't work and the windows got fogged up really bad. The defrost works great though. After searching the net, I got the feeling the heater core is leaking.

Comment

nice pick up. post pics or it dont exist!

Comment

Haven't payed for it yet. :) Knowing I have to replace the heater core is kinda freaking me out a little. Lol.

Comment

If all it needs is a heater core and struts/shocks, 2k is a decent price. Especially with a clean carfax and service history

---
            I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0qvwlf

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the encouragement. :) I just finished a lot of stuff on my E30, so time for a new project I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X