So very nice.
      My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
      http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

wow

Comment

That car is pure sex

Comment

i love calypso, im picking 540i/6 tomorrow. any thing i need to look out for?

Comment

Oh yes, check for valve cover gasket leaks, power steering hose leaks, front end shimmy at 55mph, check over the coolant system, make sure you start the car cold and check for intake manifold leaks (check engine light will pop on and go away with the blip of throttle) Also inspect the trans for smooth shifts because if it grinds, rebuild are almost impossible, and don't be shy.. Bang 2nd and 3rd to check for clutch slippage. Also see if the nikasil block was ever replaced, if not get a compression test. Most engines now don't have this issue anymore, mine still has the nik block and numbers were 185 +- 3. I dyno'd the car when it was stock and she put down 250hp and 260trq with the dyno straps rubbing the axles, it's a healthy motor
              Last edited by shelbyz4u2nv; 03-03-2012, 06:37 AM.
              .....95' 540i 6spd, Calypso on Black- 1 of 7......

...........THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.............

Comment

how can you tell if the block was ever replaced? will it have a different stamp. what if the car only has 103k miles? seller told me it does have the front end shimmy's.i dont want to get myself into a v8 and have to burn a hole in my wallet.

Comment

The Nikasil problem
                  BMW used Nikasil, an Aluminium, Nickel, and Silicon alloy, to line the cylinders of the M60 engines. The cross-hatched Nikasil linings react with high sulfur content found in lower quality gasoline, such as those in parts of the United States. This reaction causes damage to the very top of the bore, where there is the most contact between the combusting fuel and the cylinder lining. The damage prevents a good seal from forming between the piston and the cylinder wall, causing a loss of compression in the combustion chamber. This "leak down" will cause M60's with worn linings will exhibit a rough idle and, if the problem continues unchecked, the engine will not start.

The only permanent fix for this problem is the replacement of the short block with the equivalent block using Alusil linings, which do not exibit this corrosion problem. After the problem was found, BMW issued an extended 6 year, 100,000 mile (160,000 km) warranty to cover these engines at no cost to the owner.
                  The composition of the engine can be found by checking the serial number stamped into the engine block:

M60B40:
                  · 1 725 963 - Nikasil
                  · 1 742 998 - Nikasil
                  · 1 745 872 - Alusil

In all honesty, its very rare for one of these cars to still have this problem. Most have come and gone, and some like mine never had an issue. Mine still has the nikasil block and shes running strong at 185,xxx miles. I just laid down a 14.1 @ 99mph at gainsville raceway with a 2.5 60ft time lol. Just thought you should know the common issues with the m60b40.

Comment

Hahah the thread seemed like a F.S. thread..... Good thing its not soooooo nice.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Thanks!

My 325is with the 540

Comment

I can personally attest to how beautiful this car is. The pictures really don't do this car any justice and it will pull hard on a E90 335i (closed course with professional driver of course), when the fun light is on.
                        Last edited by carguy101; 03-04-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

WOW!!! Thats all I can say
                          sigpic
                          BIMMER für IMMER

Comment

i appreciate the look out. not too familiar with 540i. however i seen one for cheap and it's just so dam sexy after seeing yours. btw is the e34 headlights same as e30? cause i got euro smileys i want to throw on but i have no cluE! lol thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
                              How much? o_o
                              Vegeta, what does the scanner say?!
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Awesome Car
                                Work We Do
                                CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
                                http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Working...