Prepping for S54 Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepping for S54 Conversion

I have a stock '87 325is that is in need of an overhaul. The engine and transmission both work well, however, bushings, mounts, shift linkages, etc. are completely dried out since the car sat in the hot Oklahoma sun for a while.

At some point, I will want to do a S54 conversion, but until then are there things I can purchase that will work with both? Control arms, engine mounts, trans mounts, etc. I don't want to buy a bunch of new parts for the stock car only to have to buy all new components when I do the switch in a few years.

According to my research, I can likely answer my own questions with a resounding NO, but did want to check with the forum. I'd like to just "do it!" but that's not in the cards at the moment.

Redo the suspension
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Not much crosses over. If you have to replace the radiator you can get a Z3M S54 radiator. The transmission mounts can be reused.

Maybe if you do a clutch, you can think about replacing the transmission with a 6 speed, but even then, that's kind of a stretch.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
      X