What do you know about the 91 mtech2 suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you know about the 91 mtech2 suspension

Hey everyone, so I bought a 91 JDM 91 Mtech2 but dont know exactly what are the differences between an M3 and regular 3 series. From what I know, (which ain't much) the stock housing for the struts are 51mm. Other than that I do not know what components are the same and what aren't. I also have no idea what are the brake differences.

I'm wondering if anyone out here knows more about the suspension, control arms, rear bushings and all the other bits and pieces that would need overhauling due to age.

While in there, what suspension set up would you recommend? I haven't decided one way or the other if I really care for coilovers. The car will be kept stock aside from a Miller production kit (cold air filter, chip and m30 afm) 15" mim1500 wheels, steel braided brake lines, more aggressive pads and a good aftermarket suspension set up. Which will include all of the bushings being replaced with street/track compound. On a side note with regular e30 rear bushings fit an Mtech?? I happened to buy a complete set of Revshift bushings a while back before I came across this car and have no idea if they will fit.

The purpose of the car will be for spirited weekend mountain drives.

At this time, I have no plans to swap out the AT transmission which I think makes it special.

I thank you all in advance for chiming in.
    sigpic

Only thing different is it came with sport springs and struts. Everything else is the same as any other non-M3 E30.

Comment

Working...
    X