Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cluster help, no lights, maybe missing some??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster help, no lights, maybe missing some??!

I took apart the dash for the cluster to look for the illumination lights that come on when i try to drive at night. New car to me, 1991 325ix 212k. I think i am missing some lights? what are the two lights that pull out of the cluster before removing the cluster? ABS, and battery? My ABS light is on all the time, that shouldnt matter at all. I am thinking they are the lights that are orange covers. Basically i cant see anything while driving in the night, or the morning with the car, Everything seems functional during the day, all lights come on when starting car, blinkers work etc.

Edited - Tested the orange light bulbs that are covered, they work with a 9v battery.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
    Last edited by rwtags; 08-25-2018, 01:00 PM.

There are two larger bulbs for the speedo/tach and then two smaller bulbs for the temp/gas gauges. The small one are the ones on the far edges of the cluster. Looks like your temp gauge bulb is missing.

Then there is the rox of small bulbs along the bottom for all the indicator lights.

Lastly there are two in the center top of the cluster for turn signals, 1 center top for the high beam indicator and 1 center bottom (above the row of small lights) for the CHECK light.

Comment

all the dash lights seem to work upon start up, except the brake lining one the PO said he took out, for the life of me i cannot get this sorted, i think i traced it to the headlight switch? but i am not sure of where the ground connectors are for it, nor do i have a pin out for the headlight switch.

Update, Was able to fix this issue by replacing the switch, Testing the rheostat with the wire from the ETM, and ground connector showned no variation in resistance, and a new one showed resistance changing. Very happy to be able to see how fast i am going in the morning now.
      Last edited by rwtags; 09-09-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X