No announcement yet.

exhaust options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'll be the one to bring this back from the dead.

I'm running the longer ebay headers on my s52 swap.. my plan is to fab up the OBD2 midpipes and the e36 M3 catback..

-How much custom work will I need to do on the front end of the midpipes since these are the long headers?

-Should I still try to fit an X-pipe in there to eliminate rasp or will the stock midpipes and exhaust be enough?

Thanks!

Comment

I tried a set of long tube Ebay headers. They sat on the subframe.
      There is an earlier post in this thread suggesting that you only have to switch the rear mount of the lower control arms to the compact Treehouse or bimmerworld items.
      I can say that it helps to mention what engine mounts you are using and whether you plan to shim the offside of the engine to raise it.
      AKG swap mounts appear to be shorter than factory mounts, so expect heavy contact header to subframe.
      Adding an xor H pipe aids in cylinder scavenging.
      I find that the rasp is more influenced by the type of and number of mufflers used.
      My system is rasp free with a S52 extractors into a VSR Twin cat mid section(H pipe) and SuperSprint Tail box.

m

Comment

Yes sorry!

I am on Revshift mounts and the headers do not hit the subframe. I will try to fit an X-pipe in there for good measure!

Comment

So does anyone know if M52 headers with AKG mounts will cause problems?

MY BUILD THREAD
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Working...
          X