M52TU Swap help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52TU Swap help!

Hey guys! I am currently doing the m52tu swap. I have put my e34 oil pan on it and the power steering pump inlet hose fouls it. What are my best options of getting around this? Also, wondering if a e38 ms42 loom will work and reach the proper ECU location correctly. Any help is appreciated. Cheers

running into the same issue . you need a late model m54 power steering pump. the return hose is more at an angle and clears it . gotta get it used with the brackets. it is the one with the aluminum bracket on the front like this one.https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-BMW-E...Condition=3000

edit: just looked into it again and these guys don't have a problem with it even though the have the one with the metal bracket. https://www.flickr.com/photos/blackk...i/35753926440/
    Last edited by drum4fun27302; 05-08-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Is the pump you need

Comment

Originally posted by drum4fun27302 View Post
        Is the pump you need
        Thanks for the reply man. What engine and model BMW did this pump come from? And will I need the bracket with it?

Comment

it's off an E39. yes , the brackets are needed because that is what different between them. pump are the same, brackets are different. Just bought a used one en ebay for $45

Comment

Weight:1986.450 kg
            Price:$507.95
            Part 32411097149 was found on the following vehicles:
            5' E39   (02/1995 — 12/2003)

Realoem is very useful.

Not sure I believe the weight figure, tho!

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by drum4fun27302 View Post
              it's off an E39. yes , the brackets are needed because that is what different between them. pump are the same, brackets are different. Just bought a used one en ebay for $45
              Do you have a part number for the bracket?

Comment

Working...
              X