Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
    Updates?

Nothing so far. If anyone in the Inland empire is down to help for cash PM me. I only need to figure out why it’s not idling and bleed the clutch. Need help pushing her in and out of garage. However the free36 running like a champ. Did plugs and replaced a intake boot. Drove it to Micky Dees yesterday driving dirty has never been more fun the thing moves nicely for being a beater. I’m just waiting on title for e36 :/ dude is taking forever but I can’t complain with it being free n all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My “free” e30

Most likely the idle control valve, easy to test. Please , buy the Bentley manual . It will show you everything and cheaper than someone fixing it for you,

Right?

Comment

Not sure. I’m lazy. Need Two peeps to push it in and out of the garage. It’s ok a slant.

Comment

I may just give up. I believe the throwout bearing is out so I can get it into gear when it’s running. There’s a hole in my brand new CAtuned hose. The injectors need to be rebuilt. And there’s some sort of clicking sound coming from the water pump/alternator belt area idk what it is. So yes a lot of work ahead if I choose to keep pursuing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
            I may just give up. I believe the throwout bearing is out so I can get it into gear when it’s running. There’s a hole in my brand new CAtuned hose. The injectors need to be rebuilt. And there’s some sort of clicking sound coming from the water pump/alternator belt area idk what it is. So yes a lot of work ahead if I choose to keep pursuing this.

I have all those issues and still running. Cmon you can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
              I have all those issues and still running. Cmon you can do it!

Thanks man. Yeah I’m sure I got it it’s just a lot of filling in holes and re digging. Lots of work ahead!

Comment

No throwout bearing I’m an idiot. That’s the issue.

Comment

My “free” e30

Decided to not give up! It runs it idles. After installing the throwout bearing, servicing injectors and IDing a Sweeky noise it she may be ready to roll. This has been a treacherous journey but I may see a hint of light at the end of this tunnel.
                  Last edited by Beamerboi; 05-29-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Just need to get under this B and this this ish in!

Comment

Hello all it’s been a long time since I’ve posted so here’s a quick update. After months passing and multiple mobile mechanics flaking on me I decided to get under the car myself. Everything went well I got the exhaust, Drive shaft and Trans out won’t say smoothly but I got it done. Throwout bearing slapped on with ease then proceeded to go back with everything used my skateboard to roll in under then transferred it to my jack lined it up slid and bolted on. Coming to the end I could not properly get the exhaust on but I got it on “good enough” well after a couple spins around the block it fell off. So I got it somewhat back up and on made it home and took it off. Next day I drive to a shop it drove good on the freeway lil ruff of course w no muffler. The shop put on the muffler it sounds pretty sweet however there is a slight exhaust leak by the intake manifold because one of the bolts won’t screw on the stud. Also on the way to the shop I accidentally touched reversed slightly trying to get in the first and since I didn’t tie in the bleeder tight it ended up losing pressure to the clutch luckily I was right next to the shop and they re bled it for me they can still use some bleeding I think because there’s a slight ring in the transmission that kind of concerns me but goes away when you push the clutch and every time the clutch gets tighter when I bleed it goes away and it wasn’t there before so Hopefully it’s just something minor. My next plans are to probably get the injectors cleaned and just fix a few here and there is but for the most part it is rolling and I am pretty happy after so much time my hard work is finally starting to look like it may pay off!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey all so yes here’s a small plan of action for the time being. I’m going to start listing cost because I’m at a point where I’m realizing the cost. Tags and reg behind since April 17 -450 Someone offered $500 to take the e36 I may take it to get that done. Once it’s legal I can drive it to my buddy’s shop for a look over and tuning. Should I take the $500 or wait it out? it’s only day one on Offer up. I have an extra set of bottle caps I want to switch my tires to the other set cause there chrome where the ones I have on a friend gave me and are flat grey. I have stuff to sell basically I got this! I got a new batt w a 3 year warranty last night some coolant and Jb weld for a broken piece on charcoal canister -230 something. Oh yes I have to get it insured I’m sure it won’t be to bad.

Comment

Finally on the road! Runs a lil rough but runs none the less!! Looking to get it fine tuned next pay check.

Comment

Bad alternator. Well 2 bad alternators had and extra one was bad. Guess who gets to pay $100 for a new one.

Comment

Update?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

We're waiting Cher.

Comment

Working...
                                X