Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bulbs for ellipsoids..what do you guys use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulbs for ellipsoids..what do you guys use?

Just picked up a set of Euro ellipsoids (smileys). Wanted to know what you guys use for the bulbs? I wanted to do an HID setup but from what I’ve read it seems a lot are just hit or miss. Plus I don’t want to blind everyone on the road. I do want more of a white light but nothing blue..bleh. Suggestions?

Also how do the city lights work? Is that what lights up inside the smile section of the lamps? What exactly lights up in the smiles?

I use the OE Osram bulbs. You can get high wattage brighter bulbs, but the life of them will suffer. Here is a good read:

Here is the part number for the OE bulb: 63217160777

The city lights light up the top section of the light, not the smiley. I put amber bulbs in mine and use them in place of corner marker lights. Most people wire them to the side marker lights in the bumper.

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the pic. So the smiley part is just cosmetics? Nothing lights up inside them?

Comment

When the headlights are on, light comes out of them from the main headlight bulb. They shine light on the ground closer to the front of the car (compared to the rest of the beam).

Comment

Working...
        X