Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets find out who the Kiwis and Ausys are on here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural Queensland here, just purchased a 1986 BMW 325e sedan . . . .
    sigpic
    Wanted: M20 885 head conversion for 2.7L eta engine and E30 beige premium speaker covers . . . .

Comment

Im a Texan who lives in Auckland. Just bought a 1986 BMW 318i as my first car.
      Celebrating 30 years.
      1986 E30 Coupe, assembled in Munich, West Germany, 7/7/86. M10 5 Speed cruisin' through time and space

Comment

I'm in Melbourne too, pretty stock 318i with Koni adjustables and King Springs. S54 in the crystal ball, E36 M3/Z3M 5 stud conversion soon hopefully.

Comment

Im in Kenthurst NSW for a year just got a 89 318i to whip while I'm here

Hoping to do an m42 with manual swap, bbs, coilovers and roof rack
          We're out there in here.

Comment

Hi All
            I'm an Aussie in Darwin, soon to be in Sydney. I've got an '85 323i coupe currently undergoing an overhaul. Build thread is "323 to 331 build" here on r3v.

Comment

This place is an Aussage fest.
              Celebrating 30 years.
              1986 E30 Coupe, assembled in Munich, West Germany, 7/7/86. M10 5 Speed cruisin' through time and space

Comment

^^

Another Aussie here too,

I'm from a place called Silverdale in NSW its in lower blue mountains. I've got two e30's my 1990 318i sedan daily driver does a minimum 130km drive every day its lowered on 15x8 & AKG bushes, konis, whiteline sways, & currently in the process of rebuilding a 90 318is slow progress & finding a m42 head or engine in sydney is like finding rocking horse poo aiming to be a weekend car/hill climb car

Comment

Keep an eye on here guys: http://www.facebook.com/E30Squad

Comment

Hi,out in Brisbane with a 325i vert...
                    [/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by RH9 View Post
                      Rural Queensland here, just purchased a 1986 BMW 325e sedan . . . .
                      me too, but sunshine coast :)

Comment

Western Australia

I am in Perth. I have just joined here. I bought my 318i in 1990 and am currently attempting to restore it to as close to original condition as possible.
                        1990 318i 4-door, 5 speed manual, ice white

Comment

Originally posted by MontFenn View Post
                          I am in Perth. I have just joined here. I bought my 318i in 1990 and am currently attempting to restore it to as close to original condition as possible.
                          Howdy,

Seems to be pretty dead around here which is a shame.
                          Good luck with your car.. Although I have discovered that good condition genuine parts are getting harder and harder to find sadly.

Comment

Yes, I have struggled to get some parts. I found some from someone who advertised parts from a car he was stripping on Gumtree, others I got from the local dealer and I found an online parts company in the USA called ECS Tuning.

Comment

What sorts of parts are you after? Depends on the part really - there are now a few local online options in Australia so you don't need to automatically hit up the international suppliers: e.g. Sparesbox, Clickable Automotive, Run Auto Parts. Also Bursons, and Supercheap have responded and made a better effort with their European parts than previously, in some ways the parts are easier to get than in the past. If you're looking for e30s at wreckers, then yes - their numbers have dropped dramatically now. As for International options - Schmiedmann are pretty good out of Denmark as they have a huge range and shipping to Australia is often cheaper than the US suppliers.

If you're looking for a fun, cheap daily then an e30 is no longer where it's at in Australia. You'd be better off with an e36 or e46 as there are stacks of them in the wreckers.

For this reason I retired my e30 to weekender duties after daily driving it for 10 years and have an e92 320d for my daily duties.
                              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

My E30 is mainly retired (it was my main car for most of 28 years) and I have an E46 for daily use. The latest issue with the E30 is the a/c compressor. It has been noisy for a while but now if I accelerate more than very gently or go above 3000 rpm the v belt starts to slip and make terrible squealing sounds. I don't know if the compressor is fixable or if I need a new one. This is the second one, the original failed around 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X