Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
    Why bother at that point; just stuff in the f20c with proper front sump and it’s magical s2000 6 speed

f20c also has clearance issues and needs pan modification to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
      f20c also has clearance issues and needs pan modification to fit

Yes but it is a lot more natural to be ran in rwd format and requires no expensive flywheel or custom parts to bolt to the magical s2k gearbox.

I love k24/20, but it’s kinda going to be super expensive to install into a e30 nicely
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Yes but it is a lot more natural to be ran in rwd format and requires no expensive flywheel or custom parts to bolt to the magical s2k gearbox.

I love k24/20, but it’s kinda going to be super expensive to install into a e30 nicely

I'm guessing the costs will about even out depending on how you source everything. that's why I was hoping this (what now seems to be dead) swap kit would bridge the gap to make throwing a k series in affordable.

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

I'm guessing the costs will about even out depending on how you source everything. that's why I was hoping this (what now seems to be dead) swap kit would bridge the gap to make throwing a k series in affordable.

Assuming they can produce e30 parts for same or similar cost of Miata kits.......

If one can afford a $3750 kmiata kit then a f20c+ its s2000 6 speed is arguably pretty cheap.

Saves you the adapter, custom flywheel which are in the kit.

Rwd intake manifold and headers for the k swap are NOT in the $3750 kit.

KPower Industries is your source for RWD K series components, as well as complete engine swap packages for the Miata, BRZ/FR-S/86, and E30, and more.
          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

(what now seems to be dead)
            Not dead by any stretch of the imagination. David does not want to release a half assed kit to market and properly engineering things is expensive and takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
              Not dead by any stretch of the imagination. David does not want to release a half assed kit to market and properly engineering things is expensive and takes time.

Rajah

Comment

I got my k20z3 for $50 seen the opportunity and took action.

Comment

Why bother at that point; just stuff in the f20c with proper front sump and it’s magical s2000 6 speed

XD yeeeeaaaah lol just a idea [emoji362]

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                    Yeah i sent them an email last week. He told me early 2019 is when it should be available. Garagistic is also working on a swap kit
                    Originally posted by blunttech
                    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                    :shock:

Comment

If they need time to make it right, that's fine with me. I'm still saving money and assembling bits.

Comment

Originally posted by rover215 View Post
                        If they need time to make it right, that's fine with me. I'm still saving money and assembling bits.

Same here

Comment

I also talked to David on Facebook in a thread, reassured my faith in it. I'm cool with taking the time for good products I was more referring to no update. I heard early to mid 2019 as well. guess that leave more time to track down other parts haha

Comment

I also was emailing David about a month back, he seemed to think sometime early 2019(don't think he said jan-feb, but more like march) we might be seeing products.

I also plan to get the car more in order, so I don't mind waiting. If I see another 3 lobe k24 pop in my area I am going to scoop it up.

Comment

Clutch options

I'm researching clutch options for my street only future swap. I'll be running my stock Getrag 260 5 speed and the Kmiata trans adapter, flywheel, and release bearing for my '08 K24A2. Per David K, ALL their adapters and clutch kits fit my G260. I just need to buy a 240mm E46 clutch kit.

Kmiata sells several options, from solid center (unsprung) clutches to sprung center. The unsprung clutch According to the Kmiata site: "the OEM E46 pressure plate has a Self Adjusting Clutch feature (SAC). As the disc wears, the pressure plate adjusts height. If the pressure plate has to be removed for service for any reason, it needs to be reset on a shop press before it can be re-installed." Regarding the unsprung kit, it "is perfect for race cars as well as street drivers who donÂ’t mind a quicker engagement and a bit of extra chatter at idle."

I'd be *ok* with a bit of chatter, but it's not ideal. I'm buying most of the parts needed for the swap via Kmiata (and am very happy with the quality), but I'll save a dime here and there where I can.

RockAuto sells a variety of compatible clutch kits (from $128-$409), but only one of them is sprung. Only one is labeled organic (AMS Automotive OE Plus) but it's unsprung. How important is the organic factor? The Valeo is the only sprung clutch option (from RockAuto) and is $196, as opposed to the unsprung LuK at $164. I'm more focused on a cleaner clutch engagement and ease of service over the $36 difference in cost.

Can anyone weigh in on this? Maybe the chatter will be negligible, maybe too annoying.

Comment

sub for progress
                                88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Working...
                                X