Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    But we need to at least admit it's happening and come up with a course of action.
    They truly and honestly cannot make up their minds, they tailor their denial to whoever is listening. It's not happening at all since 96'.....well maybe it is but it's the sun.....co2 is rising but it's good, it's plant food.

Comment

and there's more trees than we thought there were!

i wonder if their mistrust of scientific consensus applies to medical science too

Comment

The group think circle jerk in here is getting worse and worse
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

since you avoided my question sleeve:

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          lets try a thought exercise

what kind of recorded temperature change, year after year, would it take for you to believe that AGW is real?

this is an open ended question, no right or wrong answer.

dont complain about a circle jerk when you don't contribute to the discussion

Comment

I missed that one sleeve has been busy, I will get back to you
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              The group think circle jerk in here is getting worse and worse
              That contributes zero to the discussion or your position. And that same statement could be applied when you get going with the other right wingers on here.

Just an observation.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                I missed that one sleeve has been busy, I will get back to you
                have time for: posts accusing us of circle jerking

dont have time for: providing substantial answers right now

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  have time for: posts accusing us of circle jerking

dont have time for: providing substantial answers right now

nobody denies the earth is in a warming trend. it has been for close to 10,000 years.

what your side has failed to prove is that man is THE cause. your side is a bit of a joke science wise as there has been no proof CO2 is THE driver of AGW.

In fact there are many data points that show how weak the AGW argument is:

Ice core data showing CO2 lags warming

the last 19yr pause in warming as CO2 is rising

global cooling from about 1930 to 1970 with CO2 rising

CO2 having been higher than today in the past with lower temps

the scare that glaciers are retreating (OMG!!) only to uncover stumps of trees that the glaciers had covered, or in Greenland uncovering an old Viking outpost

Medieval Warm Period with global temps hotter than today with lower CO2

Scientific consensus that the Mann hockey stick is bad science

Climategate emails showing collusion and outright fraud among the leading proponents of AGW

and on and on

all of the above is beyond debate yet you all are so sure of yourself. amazing.
                  Last edited by gwb72tii; 09-14-2017, 02:45 PM.
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Any time you reference Climategate you should really just not post.

Now write your reply about how NOAA is a giant conspiracy altering data to somehow have an in to make capital off a massive climategate conspiracy.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

I know that everyone seems to focus on CO2 because it's one of the more prevalent greenhouse gases, but greenhouse gases are more than just CO2, and many of the others have a larger impact in relation to their concentration than CO2. So focusing on just CO2 concentrations over time doesn't give a complete picture of how man-made greenhouse gases are making the earth warmer much more quickly than would naturally happen without human existence.

So George, your argument is just as half baked as someone that takes the opposite stance and focuses only on CO2 as THE cause of global warming. It's much more complex than that.

Now the media obviously plays a role here in erroneously focusing so heavily on CO2 emissions, but that's not really the argument here so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Need proof of global warming????

Three words:

ICE ROAD TRUCKERS.

/thread

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                          I know that everyone seems to focus on CO2 because it's one of the more prevalent greenhouse gases, but greenhouse gases are more than just CO2, and many of the others have a larger impact in relation to their concentration than CO2. So focusing on just CO2 concentrations over time doesn't give a complete picture of how man-made greenhouse gases are making the earth warmer much more quickly than would naturally happen without human existence.

So George, your argument is just as half baked as someone that takes the opposite stance and focuses only on CO2 as THE cause of global warming. It's much more complex than that.

Now the media obviously plays a role here in erroneously focusing so heavily on CO2 emissions, but that's not really the argument here so I'll leave it at that.
                          Its worth pointing out that CO2 is also seen as dangerous because of the impacts it could have on permafrost. It may not be the most deadly, but if it can tip the tides enough to thaw massive amounts of permafrost and release methane and other gases it could be a bad day.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            nobody denies the earth is in a warming trend. it has been for close to 10,000 years.

what your side has failed to prove is that man is THE cause. your side is a bit of a joke science wise as there has been no proof CO2 is THE driver of AGW.

In fact there are many data points that show how weak the AGW argument is:

Ice core data showing CO2 lags warming

global cooling from about 1930 to 1970 with CO2 rising

CO2 having been higher than today in the past with lower temps

the scare that glaciers are retreating (OMG!!) only to uncover stumps of trees that the glaciers had covered, or in Greenland uncovering an old Viking outpost

Medieval Warm Period with global temps hotter than today with lower CO2

Scientific consensus that the Mann hockey stick is bad science

Climategate emails showing collusion and outright fraud among the leading proponents of AGW

and on and on

all of the above is beyond debate yet you all are so sure of yourself. amazing.
                            nice gish gallop, grandpa

for someone who endlessly complains about 'drive by posting' you give sleeve a pass

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Its worth pointing out that CO2 is also seen as dangerous because of the impacts it could have on permafrost. It may not be the most deadly, but if it can tip the tides enough to thaw massive amounts of permafrost and release methane and other gases it could be a bad day.

I agree there are further problems, with CO2 besides the fact that there is more of it in the atmosphere during the modern age than there was at other points in the past. But the underlying problem here in terms of global warming isn't really the CO2, it's the release of other gases such as methane, which can be much more harmful directly to the atmosphere and have a much greater relative impact on global temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                                I don't think most people who accept climate change policy is necessary believe that man is THE cause. I'm pretty sure most believe we are a large contributing factor through one method or another (burning fossil fuels, raising cattle, etc).
                                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                                -----------------------------------------
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled