Logo Contest: E30 Picnic Logo - Deadline March 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent! That is by far the best one.

And props for donating the prize back to the event!

James, I say we run that as a banner at the top of the page starting asap.

Comment

wanted to see the picnic idea used more, but congrats to Nick!

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
        wanted to see the picnic idea used more, but congrats to Nick!
        The biggest issue with the picnic idea is that the event really isn't much of a picnic anymore. When it started, it was at a park with lots of green space, picnic tables, and picnic food (sandwiches, chips, etc) but now it's at XXX Drive In which is a burger joint. Technically, they do have "picnic tables" but the picnic atmosphere is gone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ///mferbrache View Post
          The biggest issue with the picnic idea is that the event really isn't much of a picnic anymore. When it started, it was at a park with lots of green space, picnic tables, and picnic food (sandwiches, chips, etc) but now it's at XXX Drive In which is a burger joint. Technically, they do have "picnic tables" but the picnic atmosphere is gone.
          big deal? a logo is just supposed to be a memorable image. you think companys like monster.com or elephant motorsports picked such things because they had anything to do with what they sell? :)

Comment

The umbrella logo was a finalist, but we decided we wanted a car image in the logo. Not taking away anything from the umbrella logo. If Nick hadn't thrown his idea in the mix, I could have gone with the umbrella logo no problem. Again, thanks to everyone who posted ideas.

I will note that I know some were throwing out idea for fun, but we did ask for 4x2 ratio images to consider. So anything that wasn't in that relative format wasn't going to be considered. It has to do with how we'll be using the logo. So if I were providing something, first thing I would have done is drawn a 4x2 box and not let the design go outside of that parameter.

Though the Picnic is bigger than a picnic table gathering these days, it's still a Picnic in spirit. i.e big but still low-key. All E30s are welcome and encouraged to attend.
            Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
            www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post

I will note that I know some were throwing out idea for fun, but we did ask for 4x2 ratio images to consider. So anything that wasn't in that relative format wasn't going to be considered. It has to do with how we'll be using the logo. So if I were providing something, first thing I would have done is drawn a 4x2 box and not let the design go outside of that parameter.
              the one you chose is not 4x2. :)

Comment

It's close enough. :)

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                  big deal? a logo is just supposed to be a memorable image. you think companys like monster.com or elephant motorsports picked such things because they had anything to do with what they sell? :)
                  Woah, no need to jump down my throat about it. I wasn't saying that the logos that had more picnic related imagery weren't good (they were), I was just explaining one of the reasons they went with the one they went with. I'm a graphic designer by trade so I know plenty about logo design. Logos obviously don't have to be literal but they do have to have something to do with what they're representing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's the new logo on the main page of www.E30Picnic.com

Comment

IMHO i think that looks amazing
                      sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
                      "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment