No announcement yet.

1985 325e | M60b40 | Fifty Shades of Bronzit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they installed yet? It's been an hour since we got out of accounting, if they aren't on you're slacking.

EDIT: What a waste of a 4000th post. I was trying to save myself for Slammin's circle jerk.

Comment

Love this thread, can't wait to clean my carpets now haha, your car has come a long way, can't wait to see more of this progress!!:D

Comment

Originally posted by GnarShark View Post
        Love this thread, can't wait to clean my carpets now haha, your car has come a long way, can't wait to see more of this progress!!:D
        Thanks Shark! It's about to go a lot farther than I was thinking.

Put the CCA badge on

Took my turn signals off and now I want clear markers.

Restored the signals, what a difference it made!

Started a front license plate delete.

Cutting out the slots for where the license plate tabs were

Left side tab cut, right not cut

Mock up of where to cut

Power tools are awesome

Gettin there

MMMMMM

Also,

I found an engine.

An awesome deal came up locally. The owner thought it was an M60b30, and then he dropped it off this morning, and my brother started thinking the throttle body was too big. I looked up the difference between 3.0L and 4.0L intake manifold. Turns out, its an m60b40 and the numbers on the block confirmed it. It was sitting in the owners garage for 1 1/2 years after being removed from a "530i" that got wrecked. My guess is, the owner was confused, or the engine got replaced by BMW in it's early ages.

We don't have an engine hoist, so I had the seller drop it off at my house which was like 5 minutes away from his, and then we had to figure out how to get the engine on the engine stand. Ended up sliding lots of wood underneath and prying up in various spots to get the engine high enough to where we could slide the jack underneath.

And then we got it in the air and realized the bolts we had for our engine stand didn't fit in the m60 bell housing spots. It sat like this while I went to get bolts that fit. I was slightly terrified

Stay tuned while I rebuild the engine and continue my search for related parts.
        Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

since you have a 325e too can you please tell me where these wires are for or what they connect to, on the link below

Comment

OP, your a genius. That's a great idea for a front plate delete. Keep up the good work!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
            1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
            1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
            1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
            1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
            1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
            Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
            1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
            1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
              OP, your a genius. That's a great idea for a front plate delete. Keep up the good work!
              Thanks! I'm surprised no one else has tried it. It looks 100000000x better than just getting a replacement piece from the rear for just the license plate spot.

Comment

Started cleaning the v8 some. Valley area before

and after

Also picked up some 19lb gen 3? injectors for the v8 and started cleaning those up.

I took the oil pan off to clean and see what some of the inside of the motor looked like and I was very relieved to see this! I was expecting metal or plastic pieces, but I didn't see any thankfully. There was a small layer of buildup on the bottom but the engine was sitting for a year and a half sooo

Germany FTW

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Looking great man. Keep it up.
                  1988 325is

Comment

Little update. Not much progress on the v8 swap. Finally sold the differential and taillights but that money had to go towards school soooo.

Got this cool thing from Garagistic. Great strut bar, I did have to cut a slice in the coolant reservoir though.

And then I wanted blue. Primered

I wasn't able to stick the strut bar in the oven, so I let the paint cure for a couple days and let the engine temp cure it.

MMMM!!

Found a parts car

Cut this off with the help an awesome friend for removable core support purposes and mine is fubar.

And then my alternator thought it would be fun to slice open my coolant hose. Coolant went lots of places
                    Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I also bought this. Paint and installation to come on tuesday. I'm extremely excited!

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Get those timing guides done on the M60!! Fantastic work though!

Comment

👆🏼when he does it, things will be right (speaking for you Ben)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful car, side view gives me the picture of how I want to make my early model look. I'm sure when you make the m60 beautiful that'll motivate me too. Go all out, m60b44!

Comment

Broken odo gears

Replaced with Garagstic gears!

Started prying the red section out of the spoiler

All Painted!

Before

Just to confirm everyone's belief on fitting an e28 sport spoiler on the e30. You need to drill all new holes.

And after

MMMMM

The spoiler is exactly what my kit was missing. I almost like it enough to put down my desire for an mtech 1 kit. I just need a complete respray and repair on some of the body panels.

Last edited by ArtFoodBMW; 12-06-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

That's one Clean Bronzit! Got any more spoilers for sale ?
                                1990 Alpine 325is
                                1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X